Help finding a person!

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I need some help getting this guy's info, long story short my buddy was scammed for $300 cash and a iPhone 4. We paid for some parts and he gave us a receipt with his name, address, and cell phone #. Well after that went down his phone is now a non working #, the address he gave us is bogus and his name is bogus! What I did find was a picture of his truck online which is a 2008 Silver F-250 Super Duty with his license plate number on it and now I've hit a wall in getting the rest of the info.. I would like his real name, current address and a working number if possible.

The truck is registered in Moline, Illinois and sadly he is a Marine and has it financed through the Marine Credit Union.

License plate number: 32182W-B (Illinois Plates)
VIN: 1FTSX21R28EB21351

PLEASE HELP!!! Any information is positive! TIA

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's gonna be difficult to find much based on the license plate number and truck VIN. The truck's description and the city in which it's registered is a bigger clue than the numbers. Having said that, I was able to track down a guy off Xbox LIVE after a deal gone bad and found some of his relatives, past addresses (as well as his current), phone numbers, jobs, etc. just off his Gamertag.

So anything is possible and Google is your friend! I'm trying to do what I can for you but all I have at my disposal is Google, and anyone can use that.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
It's gonna be difficult to find much based on the license plate number and truck VIN. The truck's description and the city in which it's registered is a bigger clue than the numbers. Having said that, I was able to track down a guy off Xbox LIVE after a deal gone bad and found some of his relatives, past addresses (as well as his current), phone numbers, jobs, etc. just off his Gamertag.

So anything is possible and Google is your friend! I'm trying to do what I can for you but all I have at my disposal is Google, and anyone can use that.

I appreciate the help! And yes you're right, it's just been wall after wall trying to find a guy with a bogus address and name. I Googled his # that he used on Craigslist and other ad sites, and found other things he had listed but now everything is deleted by the author. That number was 469-765-4928. Thanks again for the help, I know he's done this to other people and deserves to be caught.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
A link to the pic of his truck may help with some of the dectives we have here. lol

He deleted the post where the pictures were at, but I took the pictures from my iPhone before he was able to delete it.
a6934898-d579-90d4.jpg

a6934898-d594-1121.jpg

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Police can't get registrants name from plate number? How'd he get your phone too? He must be a slick talker.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Police can't get registrants name from plate number? How'd he get your phone too? He must be a slick talker.

I can't get any information from them unless I go pay an attorney $$$, and he doesn't have my # I have his # that he used for Craigslist and other ads... I'm guessing it's a go phone now as I met him in Arlington, Texas and he's from Moline, Illinois? I'm going to find him one way or another, just gotta find him first and figure out how I'm going to go about it.

jrd699

Established Member
You have his tag number, that will be linked to his name with local DMV
I thought your op said he took your iPhone also?

Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
I'm planning on calling Apple on Monday and see what they can do, I was hoping there was an Illinois Police Officer on the board and would run his plates, that would at least give me his real name.

jrd699

Established Member
I'm sure you'd have to report theft in il to give an officer legal right to check his tag.. You have him, now just follow through. Must be something about guys from IL. I got robbed by a guy there too, maybee same dude...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm planning on calling Apple on Monday and see what they can do, I was hoping there was an Illinois Police Officer on the board and would run his plates, that would at least give me his real name.

That is not gonna happen, running plate in circumstances like this will cost an Leo their job. Some states have DMV records as public records and you can find the owner by paying a small fee. Check their DMV and see.

jrd699

Established Member
That is not gonna happen, running plate in circumstances like this will cost an Leo their job. Some states have DMV records as public records and you can find the owner by paying a small fee. Check their DMV and see.

This, unless you report the items stolen. I believe running plate as part of a reported crime, would be part of the investigation process

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This, unless you report the items stolen. I believe running plate as part of a reported crime, would be part of the investigation process
but even if it is a reported crime, an LEO off of SVTP could not legally run the plate unless he was part of the actual investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread