Help eaton/kb swap

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
Purchased a full eaton swap kit of this forum. then decided to put a KB 2.1 on instead. Having issues lining up the outer belt pulleys to the blower particular because there seems to me a large gap b/t upper & lower bolts on accessory bracket, i.e. it doesn't sit flush w/ timing cover. When placing a washer on each of the upper bolts all the pulleys line up when tightned (tho no naturally flush) minus the top right idler pulley (reichard racing) which indent is a rib to 1/2 rib off. Any insight is appreciated.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I did my swap a few years ago so I don't completely remember. Some of the bridge slides onto studs and the nut on the stud works like a washer. Pushing the bridge out to make everything line up.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
So you're still doing the eaton swap, but swapping a KB on instead? Or did you pick up a kit that was made for the 99/01?

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
NEXT PROBLEM. There is a bracket on the stock crank pulley/harmonic balancer that the lower pulley between the alternator & crank pulley connects to. Is this a bracket that can be purchased separately and can it be mounted w/ a Innovaters West harmonic balancer?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You might find someone selling the stock blower pulley. That's the part with the bracket. The pulley and bracket are one piece. That pulley threads into the stock crank damper. So your IW willl need to have threads for that pulley. And it can only have 6 ribs. If you can't find a stock pulley and bracket you can get an aftermarket set up that allows you to change the lower pulley.

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
I don't mean the under drive pulley ON the crank pulley, I mean a bracket that the idler Next to it Connects to. If that makes more sense?

01yellercobra

Established Member
That should all be one piece with the stock set up. That's why the aftermarket set ups come with brackets to for that idler.

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
Problem was Metco pulley didn't come/ the spacers. That's addressed.
NEXT HURDLE.
On the 03/04 Cobra the heat exchanger water pump is wired to the pcm. The 01 cobra doesn't have this as it wasn't built w/ such. How are those doing this swap programing it? Meaning is it set to Always on? Is it hooked up to a thermostat? Is it only on when car is running? etc

Teksid89

Don't Tread On Me
Established Member
I'm not necessarily asking Where to hook it up, but how/what setting to program it once it is. On the 03/04 is it Always On, or does it come on @ a certain temp. Etc.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think it's controlled thermostatically by the ECU. But just set it up to run when the engine is on. It won't hurt anything to have the fluid moving sooner. If you drag race you can install a switch to keep it circulating in the pits.

Users who are viewing this thread