help diagnosing problem

so9956

Established Member
i am taking my truck to my mechanic hopefully on wednesday but this is just aggravating me and wanted to get some opinions on what this could be..... ok so i have been sick for the past week and havent drove my truck but have gone and started it up everyday except for yesterday. so this morning i go to start the truck and when i turn the key to start it, it make three snapping sounds by the front of the engine bay by the battery. so i try it again and the same thing. so i get out, pop the hood and everything is fine, belt, hoses that i can see, etc. try to start it again and it starts fine but while i am driving the exhaust sounds like shit like it has an air leak somewhere and it is raspier. so i crawl under the truck....cant see anything. take it to the muffler shop, he checks it with me out there....nothing. but im driving home and it is making a hissing sound instead of the normal deep aggressive sound. get home, turn the truck off and the engine is making a hissing noise under where the battery is down by the headers. i look in there and i see where something is leaking so i dab my finger on it and it is just water. I check all the hoses i can see and everyting looks good and it doesnt sound like the headers are leaking but something is definately leaking/screwed up from the noise this morning. any thoughts....:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread