Help! Deciding between two clutch kits.

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Hi everyone! I have an 04 Cobra, 46k miles, stock except for exhaust. Its mainly a daily driver, so it has to be comfortable to drive. My future plans are a pulley/intake/tune (So the car will probably make around 450hp?). My TOB is making some noise, but while I'm in there, I want to do a clutch kit too. I think I've narrowed it down to three.

Centerforce Dual Friction: (Its $399 on Summit)
Centerforce Mustang 10 Spline Dual Friction 11" Clutch Kit (99-04 Cobra ; Mach-1 ; 01-04 Mustang GT ; Bullitt) - Centerforce - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Ram Power Grip:
RAM Powergrip 10 Spline Performance Clutch Kit (99-04 Cobra ; Mach-1 ; 01-04 Mustang GT ; Bullitt) - Ram - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Scratch that thread title, make it 3!

Ram Power Grip HD:
RAM Powergrip HD 10 Spline Performance Clutch Kit (99-04 Cobra ; Mach-1 ; 01-04 Mustang GT ; Bullitt) - Ram - Clutch Kits - Clutches - Transmission - 03-04 SVT Cobra

I would really appreciate some opinions on which of the three everyone would recommend. What about the flywheel? Do I just need to resurface mine? Or replace it? Assuming mine isnt worn. I dont beat on the car, but I want to be on the safe side.

Other parts I plan on getting include a Ford TOB, Pilot Bearing, TOB Sleeve, Fiore Adjuster/Quadrant, and possibly a Fidanza Flywheel.

thanks everyone!

Last edited:

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
anyone?? I've done research, and they all sound good, but comparing the 3 has me undecided. I just wanted to know what people like and don't like about any of them.

Zemedici

Established Member
The clutch really depends on what you want out of the car.

Is the car your daily driver? From what i've heard its not recommended you resurface an aluminum flywheel, best to just buy new. I got mine from Lethal for a decent price, shipped quickly too.

holiks03cobra

Established Member
I would do the Fidanza flywheel for sure and you might want to check out ProMotion for a clutch. I have one and really like it. You should also consider upgrading to the 26 spline input shaft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread