• 2010 GT500

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • C7

Votes: 58 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kryckter

Established Member
So currently, I am in a 2010 GT500. It has a pulley, cold air and tune. This is pretty much my daily driver. I have an old SUV for snow but I drive the GT500 300+ days a year. Don't really race much, very rare occasion to the drag strip, just daily driving and spirited driving :coolman:

So, I have been looking at the new C7 since before I bought this GT500. I have the opportunity to pick one up at a good price. Its below MSRP and they are giving me what I paid for my car 6 months ago.

Whats everyone's thoughts? If I don't pick up the C7, I would probably be doing a clutch and TVS on my GT500, something around 650rwhp. I'd like to pick up the C7 but I go through cars faster than underwear and the depreciation of a new car stings...

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
13/14 GT500, the power and the build will be unmatched for a while. Any dealer should give you the same on trade. C7 is just another car, even though it's fun to drive. Personally I would not buy a gm.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
C7 for sure. GT500 is just another Mustang albeit a very fast one. Now that GM finally brought the interior of the corvette into the 21st century it is the best car out there dollar for dollar

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Since you've had seat time, I'm curious: How is the 7 speed manual? I'm not being completely flippant here, but is it like driving a truck? I just think Porsche and now Chevy have gone overboard, but I'd love to hear opinions from people who have driven it...

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Will you ever want to have a 3rd or. 4th person with you when you drive?

Do you want a muscle car or a sports car?

Do you like mustangs or chebbys?

These are really questions only you can answer.

I bought my 2014 GT500 and have zero regrets. Sick fast and a beautiful car.

Just my very biased opinion.... Vettes are for 40yos indulging in their midlife crisis.

rancid

Established Member
Trade it in on a 2013/2014 GT500 and do a 13-6 kit, enjoy for a long while (or until mod bug bites again).

You might want to ping snorman on the forums, he has both and is very unbiased in his opinion on cars.

Keep in mind once the new z06 comes out there will be a flood of used stingrays on the market. If I got a regular c7 I'd get a 2016 with the new 8-spd auto

Last edited:

Twisted2v

Established Member
The gt500 will drop in value when the new '15s are sold since it's a new body style. I can't see the market being flooded with c7's when the z06 is sold.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you don't really race much but are into spirited driving, I'd say C7. The overall driving experience will be much better in it than in a GT500.

TylerM35

Established Member
Trading your Shelby in on a 13/13 Shelby would be completely stupid when you can invest the money in yours to outperform then at a fraction of the cost.

Id go with the c7 do a nice cam only bolt on set up and you'll have a killer car, they look amazing and are fun to drive

UOP Shadow

Established Member
It depends on what you're looking for. Either car is an upgrade in performance & handling compared to the 10. Only one has a back seat though. That's the biggest reason I bought the GT500 instead of the Stingray.

Trading your Shelby in on a 13/13 Shelby would be completely stupid when you can invest the money in yours to outperform then at a fraction of the cost.
This made me laugh. There are huge differences between the 10 & 13 GT500s. Just like the big gap between the termis & the GT500s. Lol

TylerM35

Established Member
It depends on what you're looking for. Either car is an upgrade in performance & handling compared to the 10. Only one has a back seat though. That's the biggest reason I bought the GT500 instead of the Stingray.

This made me laugh. There are huge differences between the 10 & 13 GT500s. Just like the big gap between the termis & the GT500s. Lol

Never said there were not big differences but it's a waste of money to pay possibly 20-30k more for a 13/14 stock when you can easily invest that money in the Shelby that he already has. The fact is besides the aluminum block he can very easily add better mods to his car which will outperform the 13s at a fraction of the cost. Sure the gap is bigger then what it would be if he had an 11/12 but regardless it still boils down to being a almost pointless upgrade unless he was leaving it stock and wanted a full warranty which would make some more sense.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
LOL at the non 13/14 Shelby owners perceptions. Get what you want If you have the cash and want a Vette get it they are cool cars. It seems you are just asking should you trade up or stay the same-can't say if you should or shouldn't. If you want an angry snarling beast look at the 13/14 Shelby but it is not for someone that isn't a driver you can't just mash the gas and wide tires carry you down the Hwy. you have to drive. If you just want new paint get a Vette and cruise with no worries of life threatening moments lol Just my thoughts.

kaz109

Established Member
LOL at the non 13/14 Shelby owners perceptions. Get what you want If you have the cash and want a Vette get it they are cool cars. It seems you are just asking should you trade up or stay the same-can't say if you should or shouldn't. If you want an angry snarling beast look at the 13/14 Shelby but it is not for someone that isn't a driver you can't just mash the gas and wide tires carry you down the Hwy. you have to drive. If you just want new paint get a Vette and cruise with no worries of life threatening moments lol Just my thoughts.

With this statement it makes it seem you are implying that the 13/14 gt500 is a drivers car...:poke::nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread