help. coilover setup

Drazga

Established Member
im going solid rear this week with a stoptech kit up front and slotted rotors in the rear. :rockon: the rear has UPR adjustable upper and lower control arms. i just ordered the UPR anti roll bar kit, spherical bushings, and grade 8 rear bolts.

my buddy is also giving me his QA1 coilovers for the front (14-175lb). what coilovers and shocks should i go with for the rear? what spring should i get for the front set he is giving me? i want the best setup for the strip possible and wouldnt be upset if i had to spend a little more for QA1s etc. someone please point me in the right direction. :beer:

Teej281

Established Member
for track only i'd leave the fronts alone and go with some strange 10 ways with a 130lb rear spring.

Why did you order spherical bushings? Dont yours already have them?

Drazga

Established Member
for track only i'd leave the fronts alone and go with some strange 10 ways with a 130lb rear spring.

Why did you order spherical bushings? Dont yours already have them?

he got the upper and lower kit separately and said he doesnt have them :shrug: so youd go with strange over QA1s? keep the same spring rate on the front?

Speed Demon

Established Member
I run the 14-175 spring with QA1 struts up front with stock six cylinder springs and tokico shocks in the back and consistently cut mid 1.4 60's, with the power numbers in sig, on 28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks. I'm also running full UPR suspension front and rear.
If you do decide to run coil overs, talk to the guys at UPR most of them know their stuff and can get you pointed in the right direction.

Drazga

Established Member
I run the 14-175 spring with QA1 struts up front with stock six cylinder springs and tokico shocks in the back and consistently cut mid 1.4 60's, with the power numbers in sig, on 28x10.5 stiff sidewall slicks. I'm also running full UPR suspension front and rear.
If you do decide to run coil overs, talk to the guys at UPR most of them know their stuff and can get you pointed in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread