Help!!! Cobra wont start!!

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Ok... heres what happened...

Me and a friend took the cobra to go ride go carts.. everything was fine on the way there... Left there and came back home.. everything was fine... waited for a couple hrs till i had to go to work, went outside, hit the unlock button, and noticed before i opened the driver door, that the "check engine" light and the "abs" light was halfway lit, and also the readout where the mileage is, was a bunch of little lines... :shrug: (also noticed that, when i hit the "lock" button on the FOB, that the car honks twice... it used to honk once)

So, i get in the car, tried to start it... it would spin over fine, just wouldnt fire. .. Thinking is could be my key, i went and grabbed my other key, and tried it, nothing different.. just wouldnt fire...

My friend suggested that i lock, then unlock the car using the key in the door, and see if anything resests.. didnt do anything. So i pulled the battery cable off for a few mins... went back out, connected the battery again, got in the car, turned the key.. The gauges did a full sweep (never done that before). Tried to start the car, and it worked... car is running. :dw: waited for a few mins, turned the car back off.. noticed the same "check engine" light and "abs" light were still half-way lit and the mileage had the same lines..

Im scared to drive it... dont wanta get stranded anywhere, and i dont wanta keep taking the cable off the battery everytime.. any help???? Feel Free to call me or email me!!

Thanx guys!

Kenny

[email protected]
336/686-3811

Last edited:

xxberlinettaxx

dj bnasty
Established Member
i was having somewhat of the same problems... turned out it was my terminal on my battery had a loose connection.. at first i thought it was my aftermarket alarm that was already installed when i got it... dont know if that would help.. id start by checking all ur fuses and battery terminals..

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
It was the battery same thing happened to me when I was doing the intercooler pump switch inside my cobra. The battery terminal was on but that tight I guess. Did the same exact things your cobra did. Just make sure she is tight and you should be good.

1997SNAKE

Established Member
Ok... heres what happened...

Me and a friend took the cobra to go ride go carts.. everything was fine on the way there... Left there and came back home.. everything was fine... waited for a couple hrs till i had to go to work, went outside, hit the unlock button, and noticed before i opened the driver door, that the "check engine" light and the "abs" light was halfway lit, and also the readout where the mileage is, was a bunch of little lines... :shrug: (also noticed that, when i hit the "lock" button on the FOB, that the car honks twice... it used to honk once)

So, i get in the car, tried to start it... it would spin over fine, just wouldnt fire. .. Thinking is could be my key, i went and grabbed my other key, and tried it, nothing different.. just wouldnt fire...

My friend suggested that i lock, then unlock the car using the key in the door, and see if anything resests.. didnt do anything. So i pulled the battery cable off for a few mins... went back out, connected the battery again, got in the car, turned the key.. The gauges did a full sweep (never done that before). Tried to start the car, and it worked... car is running. :dw: waited for a few mins, turned the car back off.. noticed the same "check engine" light and "abs" light were still half-way lit and the mileage had the same lines..

Im scared to drive it... dont wanta get stranded anywhere, and i dont wanta keep taking the cable off the battery everytime.. any help???? Feel Free to call me or email me!!

Thanx guys!

Kenny

[email protected]
336/686-3811

On my Explorer when the horn beeps twice it means one of the doors isn't shut. As for the gauges doing a full sweep, I think it does that after the battery has been disconnected. So check the battery and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread