2.8 upper pulley
predator
upr xpipe
borla stinger cat back
biger heat ex.
ported eaton
tr6 sparkplugs
k&n 10' conical filter

this car is only used for road racing events. is a 03 cobra with only 5k miles on it (roadracing only)

we tried modifing the predator tune with no effect(gets rich after 5k rpm) we also tried a custom tune but it was dificult to start the car.

any help and opinion is apreciated.

thanks

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Your mods are pretty normal so as long as everything is working properly, it sounds like you need a better tune. Try calling one of the better tuners in the business and see what they recommend. They may be able to mail order you a tune [since you're in Puerto Rico] that will be better than what you are using. 410 is way too low for your mods.

AllVenom

Established Member
Are you putting down 15-16lbs of boost? This happened to me after I swapped my stock eaton with a ported one. It was due to me not keeping an eye on the vaccuum line that runs close to the EGR and it burned a hole in the tube. After repairing this, problem went away. Just check to see if your putting down any boost because my numbers were exactly the same as yours when this was the problem and I had a 2.76 upper.

Blaine

Established Member
You did do the Boost Bypass? If you didn't your not getting more than 8lbs of boost.

If you did there is something wrong. I put down 400 rwhp with stock boost and exhaust.

HectorCobra03

Established Member
flyn high again said:
Your mods are pretty normal so as long as everything is working properly, it sounds like you need a better tune. Try calling one of the better tuners in the business and see what they recommend. They may be able to mail order you a tune [since you're in Puerto Rico] that will be better than what you are using. 410 is way too low for your mods.

yes thats what i told him a few days ago. sinse the last event of 2005 is this weekend we will work with the tune for next season. few months ago a james from rwtd was in puerto rico so he already knows how to tune the cars for our weather . im sure it will work

HectorCobra03

Established Member
YELL03 said:
Is it a Dynojet or a Mustang Dyno?

Big difference in #s, Mustang Dynos read much lower.

Howard

you got me there . i can tell you the cars siots a roller and you acelerate jeje sorry dont know much about that. but i can tell you that my car with the same mods before the accufab was in the 440 range while his is in the 410 even with the ported blower

HectorCobra03

Established Member
AllVenom said:
Are you putting down 15-16lbs of boost? This happened to me after I swapped my stock eaton with a ported one. It was due to me not keeping an eye on the vaccuum line that runs close to the EGR and it burned a hole in the tube. After repairing this, problem went away. Just check to see if your putting down any boost because my numbers were exactly the same as yours when this was the problem and I had a 2.76 upper.

i just called him and told him to check those vacumm lines

HectorCobra03

Established Member
hipower said:
who ported your eaton?????

it was done localy( not trhe best choise i know)

iu do know that 2 friends of ours gained 30whp with eatons ported by the same guy. both cars are at 480 and 490 at the weels.

Users who are viewing this thread