help cobra rims

mikes93cobra

Established Member
well right now i have 5 lug and i just bought the stock cobra rims and they are 4 so what do i have to do?
any info will be well needed

Last edited:

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Do you know if someone has replaced the stock brakes with either an FRPP kit or some other aftermarket brake setup? Or have the stock rotors been replaced with 5 lug units? I know FRPP used to offer 5 lug rotors for stock GT's as a low cost upgrade. I don't know if you want to redrill the stock Cobra wheels for 5 lug (not even sure it is possible). I would say you are better off looking for a salvage Cobra or someone who is trying to unload their stock Cobra brakes and swap them out if you are absolutely certain you have to have the stock Cobra wheels. There are alot more wheel choices for 5 lug patterns so you may be able to find some aftermarket wheels you like better than the stockers. Just my $.02

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey Black93. have you seen the 93 cobra for sale in the charlotte observer for 22,500 with 10k. He sure is proud of it!!!i think he lowered the price on autotrader to 20,000.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Cobra228, yes I have seen the ad in autotrader for the same car, 10K black with Gray Leather. The last price I saw was 20K too, pretty steep. How many miles do you have on your Cobra? I'm only at 13K.

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
i bet you could find several people who would trade your 5lug for their 4 lug. A lot of people go for the upgrade, but i give you props for wanting to stick with the original wheels....those wheels make the cobra to me!!!If not, www.stangparts.com always has salvage mustangs and could piece together something for you. Good luck!!

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Another good resource for the 4 lug conversion is Jim Dingle at Performance Parts Inc. (http://www.mustangparts.com). Jim has a wealth of knowledge and parts. Mustang Parts Specialities that Jason referred to is also great. You should be able to cover alot of the cost of conversion by selling the 5 lug wheels and parts, lots of guys want to do that upgrade. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread