Help: Clean and Care for Leather Seats

rachelanne4579

Established Member
I had custom-made leather seats put in my truck about 4 and half years ago. It doesn't get driven much, but already the leather is starting to wrinkle and I find it hard to clean. I've been using Lexol leather shampoo, but is cleaning it alone enough? What can I do to preserve them (as they were too pricey to let go to pot) and clean them thoroughly?

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
Any leather conditioner should work. I use Blue Magic cleaner followed by there conditioner. I spray the cleaner on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. If I see any dirt that wont come off I use a soft toothbrush with light pressure. I then spray the conditioner on and wipe it in and let it sit for a few minutes then I buff it off. I do this once a week which is overkill because I only drive it once a week and the seats are never dirty. I just do it because I am anal.

AdamR@Gotham

Established Member
Are the seat coated leather or bare leather. Most leather seats are coated now and condition doesnt help much. Some say you shouldnt use a conditioner on them. If they are coated and the coating is cracking they can be sanded prepped, re-dyed and re-coated or that bolster can be replaced.
If they are not coated and just drying leatherque will work,

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Any leather conditioner should work. I use Blue Magic cleaner followed by there conditioner. I spray the cleaner on and wipe it off with a microfiber towel. If I see any dirt that wont come off I use a soft toothbrush with light pressure. I then spray the conditioner on and wipe it in and let it sit for a few minutes then I buff it off. I do this once a week which is overkill because I only drive it once a week and the seats are never dirty. I just do it because I am anal.
Haha, I'm pretty anal, too. Toothbrush sounds like a good idea. I've been worried about being too rough on it.

Are the seat coated leather or bare leather. Most leather seats are coated now and condition doesnt help much. Some say you shouldnt use a conditioner on them. If they are coated and the coating is cracking they can be sanded prepped, re-dyed and re-coated or that bolster can be replaced.
If they are not coated and just drying leatherque will work,
I believe they are bare. I will definitely look into this Leatherique stuff. Thanks!!

Wicked5.O

'Stang Noob
Established Member
Lexol Leather Conditioner

product_detailed_image_283_294.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread