Help Choosing next temp vehicle... Need all inputs..

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
So a month ago my cobra got totaled & now I am in search of a temporary vehicle because my little pick up will not hold & it is ready to take a poop & it is too cold for a bike. And I am waiting for my settlement to come in from the accident.

Tax returns is around the corner so I was looking at big 4 door car or SUV. In general I want a huge realiable vehicle for now. Also not looking foward towards any loans or such since I have my school loan & snap on loans.

Here is what I have found so far.

96-98 Chevy Caprice or Impala

00-03 Cadillac Deville

98-00 Expedition

98-00 Explorer

96-00 Durango

I am looking for a vehicle among those lines.

So if you guys have more options or ideas, then feel free to post them

My only concern with those vehicles is that they are 100k miles or more. And I dont know if they will last longer & will hold till another 70k-100k.

I mean the current truck that I have now has 245K miles on it, but its starting to smoke, burn oil & untrusty at the moment.

SO I want a nice big reliable 4 door vehicle that will get me to point A to point B and that also looks nice.

Thanks again
David

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
why wont you just rebuild or replace the motor in your truck and keep it?
or is it more complicated than that?

Juruense

Banned
Well, SUVs suck and so do GM sedans. What a crap list of vehicles ya got there!

Get a Marauder or even better a nice Accord.

Qwk GT

Established Member
My g/f's brother had a 99 Durango. I thought it was ok, he drove the shit out of it, but eventually he blew the rearend. I would personally go for the Expedition.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
If it's just a temp, get a 4 door Impala or Taurus. Parts are extremely easy to find, cheap, and somewhat reliable. Not the coolest vehicles, but they made a shit-ton of Taurus' and you should have no trouble finding a relatively low mileage one for not much dough.

NXSVTCOBRA

Marauder is more than likely out of the question based on the vehicles he listed he may be wanting to spend south of $10k

Out of all of the choices. I'd choose the expedition or caprice based upon the cost of parts for them and reliability.

The maintenance on a Taurus sucks balls. Ever try and change a radiator on one?

Last edited by a moderator:

qachargh

Established Member
I second the motion for the Taurus. You can get a fairly late-model one for really cheap. It will last a long time and you might be able to find one still under the factory warranty. You can't beat quiet, comfortable, and cheap.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Here ya go...
My uncle owns one of these SRT 8's. Stroked it to 426 (small block) built the bottom end, Procharger Centrifugal SC.
It launches so hard your neck wants to snap in two.
The suspension is a bit too stiff for the street for me personally.
He lives in Arizona where his long tube headers are legal. That sucker is loud!
Jeff
jeepgchersrt801thumbbb8.jpg

jeepsrt8enginery4.jpg

:rockon::banana::dancenana:

NXSVTCOBRA

Here ya go...
My uncle owns one of these SRT 8's. Stroked it to 426 (small block) built the bottom end, Procharger Centrifugal SC.
Jeff

jeepsrt8enginery4.jpg

did you even read the original post?

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Here ya go...
Jeff

jeepsrt8enginery4.jpg

I think you couldn't be more off base, but that's what I plan to get for my next vehicle when my house sells. Same color too.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
the Maurader was a good suggestion but befor that came up I was going to suggest somthing along the same lines. How a bout a retired Ploice Interceptor Crown Victoria? you can pick them up for around $3-4K and they are awesome cars with great reliability and performance. they have the exact same 4.6L engines as the mustang GT and come with heavy duty suspention, four wheel disc brakes w/ slotted rotors, and most of them also have LSD rear ends. I had one and loved it, actually I wish I still had it. Oh, and the itimidation factor on the street is unbelievable. here was my car -

copcar001.jpg

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Those retired Police Interceptors have usually seen a ton of miles, but the upside is that maintenance is typically kept up with well and any damage is repaired. Where do you find those for sale? Auctions?

Users who are viewing this thread