HELP...Car won't start!!!

Saleen405

Established Member
What's up guys, I know my car isn't a Cobra, but the problem I am having I am sure has happened so someone before and since this section gets more eyes than the New Edge Mustang section I figured I'd ask here. Long story short, I did some work to my car over the winter, heads, cams, clutch, and a few other things. Anyway, the car had a chip in it before, and I bought an SCT handheld so I can tune the car. Now here is where it gets weird. I called SCT to find out the proper way to go about removing the chip/installing the new tune. I turned the switch chip back to slot "4" which is the stock tune, and turned the accessory on for 5 min, then disconnected the battery, then removed the chip. After that I plugged in the handheld, loaded the tune and that was that. I started the car up to see how it would run but it wouldn't idle on its own. So I shut it off and began to datalog about an hour later. I noticed the next time I started it, the odometer showed dashes (-------) intermittently and the tach in the cluster would fall off to 0 then come back up a few times. So I left it alone for the day. I go back today and try starting it and I still get the dashes on the odometer, it just cranks and won't start, the theft light is blinking erratically while its cranking and the fuel pump isn't priming. The fuse for the pump is good. Could it be the PATS is holding everything out (even the dashes on the odometer)? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for any input.

Anabolic

Banned
re-read you post and try to narrow down the repetative nonsense, reterm everything. the "4" setting or 0" setting is your car specific.. please re word.

Saleen405

Established Member
It's not very repetitive at all, just wrote the order in which things happened.

Cliffs:
-odometer reads dashes (------)
-car cranks but won't start
-fuel pump does not prime
-theft light flashes erratically while cranking
-last time it started the tach would come in and out

Fuses on the pump are good.

hotcobra03

Established Member
have you tried to go back to see if car starts on chip?

what hand held do you have? sct2 ive read some threads on weird things happening..

the web site has footnotes in install instructions,,

i have a predator and at times mine will not start after changing tune,,just trying install again has always worked for me

Anabolic

Banned
convert the tune back to stock and see if it starts, if it does tell the tuner to fix it and explain your problem to him. Turn PATS off if anything and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread