HELP!!!! Car won't idle with new TB!!

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well I just got done installing my new Accufab TB, I put it on and tried starting it up but it kept dieing. It will fire but as soon as the RPM's come down it dies. I tried gassing it to keep it up but it acted like I didn't give it any gas at all. HELP PLEASE!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Hey bro, I was jsut about to order an accufab myself till i read all the negative posts about them. That seems like one of the typical issuse along with other issues people have with them. A lot( not all) go back to there stock tb. Some people are having no issues with them and like them. Me, personnally ditched the idea of getting one.

JebTonkin

Established Member
03silversvt said:
Hey bro, I was jsut about to order an accufab myself till i read all the negative posts about them. That seems like one of the typical issuse along with other issues people have with them. A lot( not all) go back to there stock tb. Some people are having no issues with them and like them. Me, personnally ditched the idea of getting one.
No, don't think of this as a negative post I am just a novice at installing ths stuff.

I checked for leaks but i will check again, any other ideas.

JebTonkin

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Are you sure you have the IAC hooked up properly? Sounds like what happens with a bad IAC valve.
Is that the little plug that screws into the TB? Could it be pkugged in wrong?

JebTonkin

Established Member
I found out what it was.....when I was moving the JLT cai around the maf and filter fell off, I haven't gotten it back on because it is super hard to get my hand up in there. So I am taking it off and ordering a RAI in red.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
did you reinstall your TPS (throttle position sensor) onto the new accufab? i didnt have ONE issue with the accufab throttlebody...

marek

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
03silversvt said:

What negative posts? All i read was good stuff?

JebTonkin

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
did you reinstall your TPS (throttle position sensor) onto the new accufab? i didnt have ONE issue with the accufab throttlebody...

marek
Yea I took it off the stock one, but yea my filter and MAF were completely disconnected though, no worries I haven't wanted to switch to a RAI for a while so this gave me an excuse. I called Jay at JLT and ordered a Rio red rai kit.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
LOL nice .... You sound like me.... Panic at the first possible sign of any problem, post up and fear the worse only to find out its something Small that you did LOL
Props on figuring it out, but damn man, ya gotta play it off like it was something wrong not user error heheheh..
Pics? and Dyno #'s
Get'errr Done!!!

Mach0ne351

Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Yea I took it off the stock one, but yea my filter and MAF were completely disconnected though, no worries I haven't wanted to switch to a RAI for a while so this gave me an excuse. I called Jay at JLT and ordered a Rio red rai kit.

YOU BONE HEAD!! :bash: hahahahahaha you kill me haha. so it idles fine now?

JebTonkin

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
YOU BONE HEAD!! :bash: hahahahahaha you kill me haha. so it idles fine now?
No I can't get the maf and filter back on without a jack, so I am just waiting for my new rai, should here by thursday or friday, I may try to go out later and fix it again. But it's so damn cold in my garage. :cuss:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
No I can't get the maf and filter back on without a jack, so I am just waiting for my new rai, should here by thursday or friday, I may try to go out later and fix it again. But it's so damn cold in my garage. :cuss:

Not to be a dick, but rather than buying a jack, which you should have anyway because they are highly useful, you just bought a RAI? :eek:

Don't you know anyone that HAS a jack?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Rhino Ramps. 40 bucks. Great for appt people.
I have a jack too but I don't take it out for easy shit.

JebTonkin

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Not to be a dick, but rather than buying a jack, which you should have anyway because they are highly useful, you just bought a RAI? :eek:

Don't you know anyone that HAS a jack?
I have a jack just not at my house, and I wanted a RAI anyway, I mean I just couldn't get my hand ds up in there to get it back together.

To the person that said I have to take it off anyway, I know this but it is already off and getting it out will not be a problem it's just getting it back in the tubing that is a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread