Help car says no oil pressure

mustangal

Established Member
FML!Ok so i was coming home from the parts store and i had just got oil and filter to change the oil on her tomorrow...and just as i pull out i look at my guages and oil pressure is sitting at 0...right away i pulled over and shut her down...checked everywhere i could think and nothing. Everything looked fine and sounded fine. I dumped a quart of oil and started her up and drove her the 40 sec home and right away shut her off. Everything seemed fine..could it possible be the oil pressure sensor on the block? I dont know where it is or what it looks like...i just figure if the oil pump had gone i would not have even made it into the gas station. HELP ME!

Last edited:

mustangal

Established Member
yeah..there was oil in it...she was on the low side because its time for an oil change...but as soon as i pulled over i iput a quart in her right away then drove her home.

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
The gauge is just an idiot light. Anything above 6 psi oil pressure will trigger the sender and the guage will sit in the middle of it's sweep. It's most likely a bad sender. If you really had 0 oil pressure your engine would have been making all kinds of noise in the mere 40 seconds it took to get home. Sender is right next to the filter. Also check the 4 wire connector near the battery tray. It carries the oil sender and alternator signals.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Same thing happened to me, I just 20-30 secs home, called Ford had them tow my car the next day. Gauge sensor was bad. I also got an aftermarket gauge put in so I could monitor both of them (call me paranoid, but no more motors for me).

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Same thing happened to me, I just 20-30 secs home, called Ford had them tow my car the next day. Gauge sensor was bad. I also got an aftermarket gauge put in so I could monitor both of them (call me paranoid, but no more motors for me).

Hey King, talk to me about project Cobra R...

mustangal

Established Member
Wjurls your the man....i did what you said and i basically pulled out the battery and tray...and ever connector i could see i un plugged and cleaned really well with MAF sensor cleaner dried them and re connected everything...put her back togerther and started her up...the oil pressure guage popped right on and read normal...What a relief..man i was really stressing..thanks again guys for all of your replies!!!!! Oh man and i just noticed...your in riverside...im in San Bernardino!

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
wjurls is the man, heard nothing but good things about him. Very knowledgeable!

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Awesome! Glad I could help. I'm even on the North end of Riverside near the 60/215 split. Hit me up if you need help with anything. I work cheap!! Thanks for the plug Jomo! You rock :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread