HELP!!! Car running hot!

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Usually, my car runs somewhere between the N and the O on the temperature gauge. On my way home tonight (10 minute drive) it went as high as the L. by the time I got home it had dropped to the A. When I popped the hood, there was a little coolant around the cap on the overflow tank and the upper radiator hose was warm.

Last night I flushed the coolant, and seeing as I'm heading to the track Friday, added only water with a little cooling system treatment. I followed the directions in the Haynes manual except I couldn't locate the coolant plugs on the actual engine block, so I only drained and flushed through the little radiator release valve.

Thoughts on what could be the problem? Could I have an airlock somewhere? How do I check for that and get rid of it? Could there be something else blocking the coolant passages? Ideas?

Thanks.

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
and then I would post in the SN95 section...:p :beer:

Yeah, tell me where our cars differ in terms of the cooling system? ;-) I found the problem: an air lock in the coolant crossover tube. You got one of those too, don'tcha? :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread