Help!! Car Keyed!!

rmgtc01

Established Member
Well I got my car keyed for the first time last week! :mj:

They basically did a lap around the car hitting all the panels. The hood, trunk and bumpers are okay though.

I will post some pics later.
I got the police report, and filed a claim. I am currently waiting for State Farm to call me back.

It sucks because it is a huge eye sore! I don't want to mess with it until I get my appraisal for the damage.

So I am wondering after that is done, what can I do to temp fix it so it doesn't look like crap. I am looking into that paint pen/brush thing and getting some paint at ford, or possibly putting that scratch color matching wax on it.

-Also, do they have to paint the whole panel, or buff it out? (depending on deepness)

-Will it look okay if they buff it out, or should I just go for the re-paint option?

-Will this affect the value of my car, and what should I look for in a painter?

I am not sure I want to bring it to the dealership. They did an okay job on my hood chip TSB, but I have seen better. But also I just got pullied, and I don't want to convert to stock so soon for this.

Any insight or pics are much appreciated.
I will get some pics up soon.

Rob

rmgtc01

Established Member
more story:

I think mine was a girl I met at a bar. We had fun, but she wanted more after one night! I was honest with her from the get go, but I guess she didn't take it so well. Kept talking about her Ex and fighting over how she keeps putting knives blade up in the dishwasher. F-that!
You just can't trust anyone these days, especially women. They seem stable, but can flip on you like a light switch!!

I filed the police report and gave them her number, name, and description.
They said there is not much they can do since it is a misdemeanor and not a felony. A felony, such as setting the car on fire, would constitute an approval of a larger use of resources.
So he basically said I am screwed. I know she goes to this bar all the time, so I may run into her again.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Thats Shitty -- why do girls/people got to mess with a persons ride --its like kick me in the junk but leave the car alone -- If it was her she would have to die :mj:

if the scratch is through the clear into the paint then it will be very hard to hide it w/o touch up paint

rmgtc01

Established Member
I got the estimate yesterday. (driver/passenger doors, driver/passenger rear quarter panels, passenger front quarter panel, driver side scoop.) =$1500. I am having the front bumper done while there at it for $250. So with my deductible I am out $750. I already had the hood and front quater panels painted under the hood chip TSB. So the only things left not painted on this car will be the rear bumper and trunk.

They were all booked up from Hurricane claims till December, but I managed to finesse my way in on Monday to be completed by Friday. Not too bad, maybe its the priveledge of owning a Cobra. I got some pics I will post, but my interent is limited still.

Users who are viewing this thread