Help, car is spuddering, and farting

lemonademan

Established Member
My car has been stored all winter. I had stabil in 4 gallons of fuel. I took it out and filled it up. Drove it for a couple days, used 1/2 tank of fuel, and went to bed for the night. Next day, it was 50 degrees out. I backed out of the garage, sat for 25 seconds idle'ing, and took off. Let the clutch out, and eased onto the accelerator, and the car totally spudeded, farted, and would not go anywhere. I put the clutch in and zinged it a hair, it reved up clear. I then let the clutch out again, and again, same thing! I sat for another minute, and took off with no trouble at all.
Was it too cold??? not enough time to warm up?
What the heck happened??? HELP

lemonademan

Established Member
Can anyone help me? New symptom, yesterday, I parked in a parking lot, and sat there for a minute. The rpm's started to bounce, and finally the can just stalled?
Does anyone have any idea?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
check for vacuum line or wiring damage caused by rodents and check your air filter and intake tract for leaks

get all the old gas out and replace fuel filter

I'd also clean MAF

you have to do the basics, man....

Last edited:

lemonademan

Established Member
Yes, the old gas is out, and the car was refilled with shell 93, and a can of Chevron w/ Techron cleaner.
I also took off the whole air intake, and cleaned the maf sensor with a maf sensor cleaner. I reinstalled the air pipe, and cold air kit, and it still happened?
The car only has 5100 miles on it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
why didn't you say that originally??

state your case better and you won't be wasting people's time when you ask for their help

5100 miles is no guarantee that your fuel filter is OK....all it takes is one bad fillup.....I change mine every Spring, regardless of mileage

good luck...

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
there have been a few posts about rodent damage during Winter storage .....I hope they didn't get to yours :(

intermittent wiring problems can take time to find because they don't always set a code but often the damage is obvious since they have to chew through insulation first.

I had to replace O2 sensor on my truck because of this

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
did you disconnect battery when it was stored? ......maybe it's still relearning idle strategy

if you didn't, you could try doing that now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread