help. car is cutting up.

Andrew1021

Established Member
recently replaced the frps sensor. and i was cleaning out the cylenders because it loaded up with gas. i disconnected all the coil packs except for one ( i looked away, thought i took them all off, and forgot one). had my buddy turn my car over so i can see the fuel come out and boom. Small fire on passenger side. Didnt do much but burned 3 vacuum lines which i replaced already, and left a little burn mark on the top of the coil pack.... Anyway, i ordered new NGK tr6 plugs from lethal, and installed them after gapping them to .035. WHen i drive her down the road and i put my foot in the gas, not to go fast, just to get up to speed. She cuts up badly. I have the p1131 code "lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No.1" which i know means my front 02 is bad. but would that cause my car to cut up like that?

just incase this helps, i will disclose my mod list incase it helps determine the solution

stage 5 ported blower
2.93 upper
4lb lower
afco heat exhchanger
kb BAP
JLT intake.

Payne Racing 67

Established Member
recently replaced the frps sensor. and i was cleaning out the cylenders because it loaded up with gas. i disconnected all the coil packs except for one ( i looked away, thought i took them all off, and forgot one). had my buddy turn my car over so i can see the fuel come out and boom. Small fire on passenger side. Didnt do much but burned 3 vacuum lines which i replaced already, and left a little burn mark on the top of the coil pack.... Anyway, i ordered new NGK tr6 plugs from lethal, and installed them after gapping them to .035. WHen i drive her down the road and i put my foot in the gas, not to go fast, just to get up to speed. She cuts up badly. I have the p1131 code "lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No.1" which i know means my front 02 is bad. but would that cause my car to cut up like that?

just incase this helps, i will disclose my mod list incase it helps determine the solution

stage 5 ported blower
2.93 upper
4lb lower
afco heat exhchanger
kb BAP
JLT intake.
It certainly can. The bad 02 is making the AFR go haywire which in turn makes the ECU bug, causing your cut.

Users who are viewing this thread