help car broke

cuban

Established Member
well went to the track today and for the first run it hooked for the first time and i really didnt know what the hell just happend so i just babied it well the second run i figured well it hooked the first time so it should do it again and decided i would stick with it and needless to say it hooked and hooked hard and made it about 10 ft and bang nothing car wont move on its own. get it off the track and up on some jack stands i checked the drive shaft and u joints first hoping it was that but deep down and the first words out of my mouth were its the damn half shafts. well the drivers side is fine and the passenger side is fine by the pumpkin but snapped in the rubber boot closest to the tire :fm: so i know thats shot and i found a guy there who has an extra stocker that i am buying from him for 75 bucks but did i ruin anything else? i called the dealership and he said the differential may have some problems but from the outside it looks fine no leaks or cracks or anything.

so my questions to you all are is it just the half shaft or the half shaft and possibly diff and maybe more. also i plan on going back to the track and if it broke once its bound to happen again so do i go solid or jump to the level 5s? also on a side note the car did not wheel hop at all i was holding the revs at 1800 and let the clutch out kinda quick it grabbed and i started to ease into it and bang. thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread