HELP!! Can't go over 3k RPM

Ronson87

Established Member
Hey guys, recently had to replace alternator (shocker on an 04 Cobra) and the radiator (after it popped and covered my engine bay). Since those were replaced, once the car warms up completely to running temp it won't go over 3000 RPM and the AFR reads lean. If I start it up I can go around making full WOT pulls with no issue, but once up to temp, it won't work. Please someone's got the answer, I know it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
I will check the pump for sure, anything at this point to get it running right. But my AFR it dropping to full lean and the tach won't go above 3k.

That would be useful info to put in your original post. You might have a dead pump or have had a line pop off in the tank. Maybe a clogged filter.

Also stop going WOT until you find the issue. Hope you haven't damaged anything already.

Ronson87

Established Member
That would be useful info to put in your original post. You might have a dead pump or have had a line pop off in the tank. Maybe a clogged filter.

Also stop going WOT until you find the issue. Hope you haven't damaged anything already.
Up till it reaches running temp it runs perfect, AFR reads great.

hotcobra03

Established Member
have you checked for any codes?
even if cel isn't on?

to many things to guess..

I had issue like this ..po340 cam sensor. issue was stretched wire at connector..

I'm sure was from me working on it

Users who are viewing this thread