Help buying a new car.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I recently totaled my DD. And I'm on the market for a new (used) car. I've been searching online for something that has decent Gas Mileage, And has to be under 8k. Looking on autotrader.com I came across some Mustangs that actually seem like a good deal. (I know these cars arent exactly that great on MPG). But this one seems like to good of a deal to pass up. If anyone here has something they'd like to offer, either a vehicle or just on some advice. Anything would greatly be appreciated.

What do these cars MPG average if I keep my foot out of it.

1990 Ford Mustang GT.

1993 Ford Mustang GT

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
the price on the 93 is great. The rims on the '90 are definitely 90's aftermarket rims and look dated. Both should be good cars and cheap to fix, but because of age plan on working on them. Heater core, oil leaks, a/c....remember you're looking at 17 and 20 year old cars respectively. Your budget is $8K, you could most likely get a '00-02 GT. Better brakes, better factory suspension, abs, etc.......

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I am well aware of the newer cars. I'm honestly not a big fan of them, unless they are Cobras. Which usually means they were beat on pretty hard if they are in that price range. But I've also been a big Fox Body fan for quite sometime. I even owned one at one time, but it was a project car that never got finished.

Also a Mustang was something I just came up on. I told myself I wouldn't buy one, cause I'd get to mod happy with it. Since I work in the industry I already know what mods are available. The 90 GT seems to clean to pass up.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I would run carfaxes on both of them. Claimed mileage would put the average on the '90 at 4400 a year, and the '93 at 3800 per year. When I had my foxes, 1985 and 1988. I put 86K in 5 years on the 85, and the 88 had over 90K when it was traded on a 95 GT(new). Most likely these are like all foxes and have turned the odometer over at least once.

You could pick up a 94-95 Cobra for the price of the '90.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It reminded me of the thread on the SRT Neon board YEARS ago where the kids washes his engine and puts the hose in his cylinder heads to clean them out and wonders why he car doesn't start up...

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
yea, I remember that.. At least this isn't too bad. About to go pick the car up. hopefully I don't run into any more issues.

The car is a blast to drive. (When working properly)

Users who are viewing this thread