help! busted cable for monitor where goes into pc

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Hey guys. First, thanks for any help, I'm on here with my G1 in need of tech help The cable from the pc to monitor was pulled out of pc, it looks like it took those metal sleeves out that the screws screw into to secure it down. So I can't get i back in and lack the know how to open this up and self repair What are my options here to get up and running cheapest or fastest. Gosh my g1 i typing like sentences behind me right now... anyway, just a pc repair shop? Or something else? I have a hdmi out on pc and a dvi-d in on monitor in addition to the vga I was using. I have a tv with hdmi in 50miles away or I think I could just hdmi cable it straight across.. I don't know anyway that tv is too big for my apartment. Can anyone give the noob some guidance? Sorry if any errors I have been done typing this since like the first paragraph and I'm watching it type...weird but thank god for this thing and this forum. Thanks! My wife is freaking she needs her resume...

Sorry I pasted this from a g1 android forum where I went to help, shoulda came home to svtp first, that place sucks and I need help figuring my options on getting this thing running on a display again.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
My pc running on a display, I mean...if the above wasn't clear. Either a good cheaper used display with a hdmi connection that'll go right to my computer, or just a pc repair shop to fix what pulled out where the cable screws down onto the pc. Or something else?

sicfast

Established Member
if the connection itself on either the cable or the back of the computer is FUBAR, then try going to radio shack and picking up an HDMI to DVI cable. its a little on the pricey side though, $50 i believe.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Yeah, sure can...not sure on uploading using this phone though, unless I could email it to someone, that's easy. Phone is pretty neat, already outdated though but Google's android is fun. Ok off topic. I will look for a way to upload, so slow on 3g or whatever the f I'm on.

blumnday99

Established Member
If it's just the metal housing off the back of the computer, you might be able to just plug the monitor wire right into the back of the computer. Just make sure everything's aligned right and you don't bend any of the pins. You should be able to unscrew the housing from the monitor cable wire.

txyaloo

Established Member
Sounds like the posts just came out. You should be able to unscrew them from the VGA connector on the cable. Then you can either just plug the cable back into the motherboard without the posts or reinstall them.

DEVIL

Established Member
You could just install a PCI video card. take 5 minutes. They even have them at walmart.

Users who are viewing this thread