Help! Black paint kicking my ARSE!

Diabolic

Established Member
I just purchased a black Cobra. It looked great for a couple weeks, but this past weekend I washed it, and to my horror! Millions of small scratches when the sun hits it ust right. It's been overcast around here for the last month it seems so I never noticed. I use a wash mit and micro-fiber towels to dry. Can someome please tell me exactly what I need. Water beads up and the paint feels smooth, but soo many scratches! :cuss: Do I need to clay? Scratch and swirl remover?

CobrABoZ

Established Member
I have black also ,basically black sucks because of this when you drive dirt paricles hit ur car all the time its a fact of life,but yes you can use swirl-stratch remover Poorboys SSR 2.5, Clearkote Vanille Moose Hand Glaze, and Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax thats the combo i use and some others on here use that also,if you have a porter cable and know how to use it then use that with this combo also. Hope this helps

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Diabolic said:
I just purchased a black Cobra. It looked great for a couple weeks, but this past weekend I washed it, and to my horror! Millions of small scratches when the sun hits it ust right. It's been overcast around here for the last month it seems so I never noticed. I use a wash mit and micro-fiber towels to dry. Can someome please tell me exactly what I need. Water beads up and the paint feels smooth, but soo many scratches! :cuss: Do I need to clay? Scratch and swirl remover?

clay is a cleaner but will create more hairlines which is why it's common practice to wax immediately after claying

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I have a black cobra and I use Zaino 5 and 7. They work great. I followed Zaino applictaion instructions and it said to use verticle motions on the doors and use front to back motions on the hood, top and truck areas. I was a dumb ass one day and used a car wash to get some crap off my car and I ended up adding some slight swirl marks to the surface of the clearcoat. However, Zaino got rid of them and I am very happy with the results.

schropper

Established Member
I have the same problem with mine. Try and fix it and it just makes it worse :cuss: I think I buy the buffer, but I'm scared I'll really :cuss: it up.
I just try to always think about how good it looks from a distance.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I used some Menzerna products and a PC buffer this fall on mine and was really pleased and got a lot of flaws out of the car (also black). Don't be scared for a second to use a PC....it takes a bit to learn how to get it to work for ya, but you would have to purposely really try to F up the paint to do any damage.

Users who are viewing this thread