Help! Bad Hesitation

cobravenom99

Established Member
Hey, i recently just got my 99 cobra like 3 weeks ago. A couple days ago i decided to open it up. I was in third gear, i floored it and at around 3800 the car hesitates and it wont rev any higher, the car just hesitates and falls flat on its face, it does the same thing in 3rd,4th and 5th. I tried it a couple times again just to see if it was a one time thing and it keeps happening.
The car only has 11,000 miles on it and i hope it isn't anything serious, anyone have any ideas?

cobravenom99

Established Member
no none of the SES lights or anything were on, and no i had the traction control on. The guy i bought it from never really drove it, he just let it sit in the garage i think, cause it only has 11,000 miles on, you think that could have anything to do with it?

cobravenom99

Established Member
thanks, no he didn't have a tune the car is completly stock, i going to change the air filter, do you think i should also change the fuel filter and maybe the plugs?, cause i think he just let the car sit in the garage.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
fuel filter would be the 1st thing i would do.. along with some seafoam in the tank and run some through the intake vacuum

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
could be a bad COP. First thing i would check since its easy as hell. Coincidently Im going thru the same thing....again. lol. Was the motor recently sprayed down by any chance? Either way, check them, its most likely one of the back COP's (by the firewall) .Sorry i forget the numbers of the cylinders, heh. Havnt really heard of them just going bad for no reason but its worth a try. If in fact the motor has been sprayed down for a wash then I bet thats what it is. I bet its all rusted up and commited suicide if it got wet. Easy fix, can be costly as each COP is about $90but you dont need all 8 just the culprit. Good luck!

also while ur at it might as well throw some fresh spark plugs. :beer:

Last edited:

cobravenom99

Established Member
thanks, that might be cause the engine looks like the guy i had it from had the engine cleaned cause it looks too clean, im gonna replace both the air an fuel filters this week.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
if you just got it and the motor looks sparkling clean i bet its a bad COP. Even after about 3 weeks, I still had dabs of water on in there when I pulled the COP out on the driver side. Get new plugs, cause the ones in there are rusted, causeing a bad connection thus causing the missfire. You dont need ALL the cops, just the culprits. So either one or two and its probably gonna be the rear ones on the heads most likely

stangomus

Established Member
Are you still having this problem? I have had it for the past 2 years and still trying to figure it out. Think i'm going to buy a new fuel pump. Mine runs good with fresh gas and then falls on its face after 15 mins. I don't know...

TaintedSnake01

SLC Throttle Junkies
Established Member
Hey, i recently just got my 99 cobra like 3 weeks ago. A couple days ago i decided to open it up. I was in third gear, i floored it and at around 3800 the car hesitates and it wont rev any higher, the car just hesitates and falls flat on its face, it does the same thing in 3rd,4th and 5th. I tried it a couple times again just to see if it was a one time thing and it keeps happening.
The car only has 11,000 miles on it and i hope it isn't anything serious, anyone have any ideas?

Possibly a bad or clogged catalytic converter?? sounds like it to me

Users who are viewing this thread