Help! Anyone knowledgeable on the Vacuum Lines harness?

cpharley

Established Member
Haven't really posted much here as I am usually on NHTOC or NLOC, but with the sites being down I have to find other options. I am stumped on a vacuum line issue with putting my truck back together after an engine swap.

Here are the details:

I have 10 relevant vacuum connections in my vac line harness, but 12 open locations as documented below:

Passenger Side of harness:

1. Long vacuum line that connects behind starter solenoid above pcm (connected)
2. Main vacuum to Plenum with 4 total wires (2 red and 2 black) (connected)

Driver's Side of harness:

3. Pink vacuum line to black boost gizmo first (top) nipple (connected) <- can't think of the proper lingo right now
4. Black vacuum line to black boost gizmo second (bottom) nipple (connected)
5. Long red to (Brake booster solenoid?) (part attached to firewall) (connected)
6. Short Red to Fuel Pressure Regulator (connected)
7. Large Red to intake below supercharger (connected)
8. First Double vacuum Pink/Black connection (connected)
9. Second double vacuum connection Green/Black (connected)
10. Green EGR vac line linked off of second double vac connection (connected)
11. Air Intake boot vacuum port (to Throttle Body) (missing - not connected)
12. Black solenoid above fuel pressure regulator with nipple on top (missing - not connected)

***Note: There is an additional Black vacuum - This line has always been capped off because it is for a boost guage. (not relevant to this issue as I am 100% positive this was always capped since I never had a boost guage.)

I have checked my engine bay and my garage. I cannot find any missing vacuum lines lying around that may have fallen loose from the harness. Also, I have taken out the vacuum harness and all lines currently in it are all linked together. There are not any missing ports where it appears a line could be missing and no lines are hiding in the wire loom. I do not have a SVT truck to look at locally. Can anyone give me an idea of what is missing and how it is linked with the other lines? I don't know if the missing lines were on their own separate link from the other lines or what.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
A little bit confusing.

Your looking for the small hard vac line that goes into the intake rubber elbow correct? If so it goes from the rear port of the boost bypass valve to the center fitting on the elbow.

I'm not sure on the second line so hopefully someone else can help with that one.

cpharley

Established Member
RIDE THE said:
A little bit confusing.

Your looking for the small hard vac line that goes into the intake rubber elbow correct? If so it goes from the rear port of the boost bypass valve to the center fitting on the elbow.

I'm not sure on the second line so hopefully someone else can help with that one.
Ahh, that may be it because that would knock out two ports with one line which is missing somewhere. I already have a black line connected to the boost bypass valve you mentioned (#4 in my post) that probably should be connected to the other part above the FPR (#12 in my post). That is unless the FPR and #12 should be swapped depending on the proper color? Not 100% sure for these two which color (red or black) should be used. Thanks for your help. I think that will help me a lot with what was confusing me.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the intake elbow has three hoses that connect to it...two large black, one from passenger side, attaches to nipple in front IAC and then travels under SC Snout to the intake elbow....the second large comes off driver side valve cover then up to elbow. The third is a small black that comes from boost bypass actuator (black thing on side of SC) and then up to the Intake elbow.

cpharley

Established Member
Yep, the others on the intake elbow are connected and I am ok with those. It was just the one in the middle I didn't have a line for. It seems this line may be separate from the other vac lines that are all linked together. I am going to have to scour the garage again tonight and see if I can find where this line fell from the harness, or see if I can find one at the parts store. Now that I know where it connects this should be an easy fix if I can find the line.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
correct. the small black from the boost actuator to the elbow is all by its lonesome..

you can hit me up on lightningrodder.com also....got a lot of the Harley Guys over there to in the interim

Users who are viewing this thread