HELP! Airbag Light On After Seat Swap

SVT Adam

Established Member
We installed Corbeau's in an 07 500 and looking for help to get the SRS airbag light off. I ordered a resistor through the dealer (part number XF2Z-14B022-AA) and when I installed them I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. Plugged the battery back in and the light is still flashing. I called the dealership to see try and get some help but they had no clue what I was talking about. I also swapped over the passenger side occupancy bladder along with some sort of control module that was riveted to the OE passenger side seat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would triple check our connectors.

If they're all seated well, I would buy another resistor. They're pretty finicky.

Poisonous West

Established Member
We installed Corbeau's in an 07 500 and looking for help to get the SRS airbag light off. I ordered a resistor through the dealer (part number XF2Z-14B022-AA) and when I installed them I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. Plugged the battery back in and the light is still flashing. I called the dealership to see try and get some help but they had no clue what I was talking about. I also swapped over the passenger side occupancy bladder along with some sort of control module that was riveted to the OE passenger side seat. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I recently retrofitted the newer 2021 GT500 Recaro seat into my 2011 successfully without any SRS light turn on.

I am not 100% sure but I was told the 07 to 09 have a different resistor value (front seat airbags) than the 2010 all the way up to 2022 newer model. My 2011 front seat airbags have lower resistor value which match the newer S550 seat.

1st thing you need to do is to check your original front seat airbags resistor value. Does it match to resistor you just bought. You need to do this for both driver and passenger seat.

2nd both seats have seat track position sensors you need to transfer to the newer seat.

3nd the seat belt buckle needs to transfer to the new seat both driver and passenger. The seat belt buckle has a very unique wiring which incorporates a 1-way diode circle. If you transfer your original seat wirings to the new seat than you are OK. When I installed the 2021 Recaro seat with the 2021 bucket I have to find out which wires are the 1-way directional diode.

4th the passenger seat needs the original bleeder along with the sensors. The OCS module that riveted to the original seat also needs to transfer to the new seat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

einehund

Established Member
I recently retrofitted the newer 2021 GT500 Recaro seat into my 2011 successfully without any SRS light turn on.

I am not 100% sure but I was told the 07 to 09 have a different resistor value (front seat airbags) than the 2010 all the way up to 2022 newer model. My 2011 front seat airbags have lower resistor value which match the newer S550 seat.

1st thing you need to do is to check your original front seat airbags resistor value. Does it match to resistor you just bought. You need to do this for both driver and passenger seat.

2nd both seats have seat track position sensors you need to transfer to the newer seat.

3nd the seat belt buckle needs to transfer to the new seat both driver and passenger. The seat belt buckle has a very unique wiring which incorporates a 1-way diode circle. If you transfer your original seat wirings to the new seat than you are OK. When I installed the 2021 Recaro seat with the 2021 bucket I have to find out which wires are the 1-way directional diode.

4th the passenger seat needs the original bleeder along with the sensors. The OCS module that riveted to the original seat also needs to transfer to the new seat.

Do you have pictures of this setup?? I've been wanting Recaros since I bought the car, but they are unobtanium from 2011-2014.

SVT Adam

Established Member

Thank you for the info - going off memory I don't know how I'd transfer the track position sensor because I thought it was tied into the existing airbag harness. I'll get home today and check the resistance.

Poisonous West

Established Member
Do you have pictures of this setup?? I've been wanting Recaros since I bought the car, but they are unobtanium from 2011-2014.
I only took 3 pictures after finishing the installations.

PM me if you have any question. There are lots of S550 Recaro front seat out in the market now. If you can find a seat (I really like the GT350R Red/Orange Recaro front seat) of the S550 Recaro seat for a good deal.
1659991794764.jpeg

1659991812950.jpeg

1659991851918.jpeg

Imatk

Established Member
I had this issue going from '06 to '07 seats.

I basically just pulled all the foam off of the passenger seat and replaced it and used the mechanism (with the '06 sensor).

That worked really well and the upholstery was easy to transfer. BUT I don't know how easy it is to do an Recaro. So it might make more sense to drill out the bottom sensor that works (they were pop rivited on my seats) and then reattach to the new seat.

Users who are viewing this thread