Help...Air vent clean out?

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
:shrug:I winter my Terminator in a barn in rural CT, and Every winter I seem to get critters chewing up acorns or something and their shavings/dust blows all over my interior when the fan comes on....very annoying to say the least. First question is Where is the air intake(s) located? Second, has anyone put in a panel filter or some type of filtration device to stop / prevent this? If nothing else is there a way I can clean out the ductwork and/or the fan housing area or is this major work to get at?
Any help here would be really appreciated! Thank you, Tom

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
:shrug:I winter my Terminator in a barn in rural CT, and Every winter I seem to get critters chewing up acorns or something and their shavings/dust blows all over my interior when the fan comes on....very annoying to say the least. First question is Where is the air intake(s) located? Second, has anyone put in a panel filter or some type of filtration device to stop / prevent this? If nothing else is there a way I can clean out the ductwork and/or the fan housing area or is this major work to get at?
Any help here would be really appreciated! Thank you, Tom

Two words: BARN CATS.

Or, you could try one of the air bubble storage tents, but you would need an electric outlet to do that. I have also heard that mothballs will repel many pests.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I know the problem that you are mentioning. There is not much you can do to avoid mice and chipmunks. I would avoid poisoning them as they may die in your car like they did in mine. Although the newer poison is supposed to make them search for water and leave houses and structures ( your car) What i can say is that mothballs will keep mice and chipmunks away. I would leave a paper plate near all four of your tires with mothballs in it. You could stick the mothballs in ziplock bags and punch holes in them if your worried about something chewing on them. I might even be tempted to put mothballs on the tops of the tires as well. Then where ever you decide to go with them is up to you. If you decide to stick them in the interior, it will take some time to get rid of the stink of the mothballs.

tomcat

Forever Foxbodys
Established Member
Thanks guys. I already do the mothball thing (putting them in panty hose and tieing both ends seems to work best). This only keeps them from building a home, though. They still like to climb on top of my Whipple and lay their SCAT right on top of it (yea yea yea, wouldn't happen if it was a KB, right :D ) Anyway I'm not even sure where the ventilation air inlet is.... maybe remove the plastic piece between the windshield and hood if possible? Anyone?

03yellow

Established Member
You have been very lucky; they love wires and plastic. Have popped the hood to find wires eaten away, fuel lines, plug wires, wiper fluid lines and even oil fill cap half eaten.
If you don't hear anything chirping in you blower fan then just leave it alone. Or remove the 3 screws and drop it. Most ofthe time just turn on your fan and let the junk blow out the vents. If a leaf gets stuck pop the vent cover out( just pull) and grab it with your fingers.
I think the vent intake is located under the black cover under the wipers. Remove the wipers and pull up on the cover. Several pull clips around the edges of the cover. Scoop out trash, nests and baby animals. Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread