Help, 96 Cobra runs great with maf unplugged, bad when plugged

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
Hi, I can't find the problem with my car, with everthing pluged, car rans bad, hesitates and doesn't accelerate ok, If I unplug the maf sensor connector, the car rans great at wot, I do have an exahust leak between headers and head, could that be the problem, or my maf is toast? how can I test it?

Thanks

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
With the maf unplugged does it buck when you left off the gas while driving?
Try another maf. Pretty sure I have one here. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Just to make sure, what did you clean the maf with? Electrical contact cleaner I assume? Lots of people try rubbing alcohol and other crap that leaves a residue and messes stuff up.

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
With the maf unplugged does it buck when you left off the gas while driving?
Try another maf. Pretty sure I have one here. Shoot me a pm if you want.

mmm It doesn't buck when I left off the gas, thanks, How much shipped to 33166?

Just to make sure, what did you clean the maf with? Electrical contact cleaner I assume? Lots of people try rubbing alcohol and other crap that leaves a residue and messes stuff up.

electrical contact, unplugged, and let it dry so I don't burn anything, the car had a CAI, and a really dirty air filter, maybe that's what happened....

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
so I bought a new maf, didn't make a difference, using a multimeter, the maf has both good grounds, 12v, and the 5v signal works with the acceleration as supposed, less airflow low volts, more airflow, higher volts.... The iac is not working ok, but it should make a problem at wot because it takes air from the intake pipe which the maf already measured, should make a problem or am I wrong? What more could it be? Unpluggin the maf makes the cobra run great at wot, if I had bad O2 sensros, it wouldn't make that problem because at wot the ecm doesnt take signals from them right?...

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
with the maf pluged, it wont accelerate ok at part throttle or wot, if I unplug the maf it runs great at wot, at part throttle it bogs a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread