HELP !!! 2000 GT to Built 4V Swap !!!!

The Dark Knight

Established Member
Make sure you have the RED wires going to the positive terminals on your COPS. Different guys do it different ways, but you MUST verify this. If you used the 2V harness then the wires have either be cut and swapped or the connectors have to be de-pinned and swapped. The connector on the 2V harness plugs in 180 degrees opposite of the 4v COPS. Look for the + terminal on all your 4V COPS and verify the RED wire is going to them....

RICH123Nick

Banned
i know i have spark ... 100% sure ... cops are fine ... gunna do a compression test with a new tool i bought ... and hopefully fuel psi is correct

i got mmr 96-98 cobra rails ... 6an lines ... 80lbs injectors ... with ev6 adapters

94_Vert

Established Member
Any codes? Crank sensor? Tps sensor? If you have spark, what about fuel pressure?

RICH123Nick

Banned
i think my major problem is ... my battery ... im at 13.78 ... when i turn the ignition on im at 9 ... i left it to charge over night and i got 2-3 good cranks ...but i don t think its strong enough to turn the crank fast enough to fire ... im going to get a new battery on monday ... the problem was the cheap tool was not working right ... i was getting 0 now its moving with a new tool ... but now i cant do anything without a battery.

brys00gt

Established Member
Doesn't seem to be turning over fast enough. Have you tried jumping it or a new battery?

The Dark Knight

Established Member
I don't see how you can troubleshoot anything with that battery being that dead!?
Did you get a fresh battery? Or does that one just need a good charge?
That engine should spin much, much faster than that....

RICH123Nick

Banned
got a brand new oem battery from ford ... much better ... but on one side i have 0 compression at all an the other side ... only two are showing 70psi ... ??? any ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread