HELP! 2.3 Whipple & FORE fuel rail clearance issue...

DropTopSnake

Serious Power Addiction!
Established Member
I just received the Lethal Performance Return style fuel system for my 04 Cobra. Have had the 2.3 Gen II Whipple on the car for almost a year...but lots of fuel problems.

Started the install last night and when we got to installing the fuel rails...we hit a brick wall. We have the SC and the manifold out of the car...so full access to everything. Problem is that we can't figure out how in the hell the passenger side fuel rail is supposed to fit.

If you unbolt the SC from the manifold and lift up about a half inch...the fuel rail with injectors will clear the SC inlet. However, after you do that...the fuel rail completely covers the top of the bolt heads that you need to tighten the SC back to the manifold. If you take the rail out...secure the SC and the manifold...then try to "wedge" the rail back in...it's not even close to clearing the SC inlet.

Fore tells me that the fuel rails I have are correct for the application, but I am waiting to hear back from Justin...as I sent pics of the clearance issue and bolt head accessibility issue.

If the SC inlet could be disconnected from the main SC housing...there would be no issues. However, the 2.3 whipple housing and inlet is all one unit.

Anyone have any experience on this from a past install?

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Glad we could help you get those rails on today!
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I would love to see pics and videos when it is complete. ;)

DropTopSnake

Serious Power Addiction!
Established Member
Man...was just having a grand old time trying to get the passenger side fuel rail to clear the supercharger inlet on the Whipple.

We finally were able to take out all the s/c to manifold bolts about half way...then with two people were able to pull the s/c about a half inch up off the manifold and hold it there. This gave us about a half a millimeter of clearance to finally slide the rail in. Then you have to use a ball head allen tool to get to the s/c to manifold bolts tightened back down...not much room to get a good angle on the bolt heads, but after a few minutes of messing with them...they go back down.

So all is good on the fuel rail side of things...and they look awesome sitting next to the blower!!! As does the Fore F1 regulator...

Thanks for all the help Stacy (@ Fore)!

Now, if Lethal's damn fuel pump wiring harness directions were even close to accurate I could maybe finish this install up!!! (which, btw, are not even close to accurate).

Jpjr

Established Member
What was the issue?

The Fore rails are basically impossible to install with the blower on the car.

If you get the blower plus lower off, you need to loosen all the screws and even unseat the injectors to shimmy the passenger side rail into place. It is an extremely tight fit, you basically have to have everything together loose and work it in slow...

Users who are viewing this thread