Help:03 GT nitrous install

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Hey guys THINKING about putting a WET NOS snpier kit on my 03 gt. Ive heard that I dont really need a custom tune unless it above a 75 shot that true? What supporting mods would I need? My current mods are:
Predator tuner
offroad H
Weld in Flows
bbk cold air
underdrives
and 4.10's

Could I just throw some more fuel on it with the tuner and be fine on a 75shot? Is a 75shot even worth it?

mattb21

Established Member
Well, if you put a wet kit in, you won't need to add more fuel. A wet kit delivers fuel and nitrous so you don't have to upgrade your fuel system. As far as not needing a tune, you shouldn't need one but something about timing.. I forget what exactly though. Someone else should be able to chime in.

spike_africa

Established Member
Isn't the NOS sniper kit for carb motors only?

Regardless just toss a set of copper plugs one step colder like NGK TR6's or autolite 103s. You can start off with a 75 if you want, but a 100shot is safe and can be done on the stock tune all day long. Since you have the predator you will want to install the stock tune and only change it for the gears, or go in and put the timing back to stock settings. Other then that you will be fine.

03silverterm8r

Established Member
Isn't the NOS sniper kit for carb motors only?

Regardless just toss a set of copper plugs one step colder like NGK TR6's or autolite 103s. You can start off with a 75 if you want, but a 100shot is safe and can be done on the stock tune all day long. Since you have the predator you will want to install the stock tune and only change it for the gears, or go in and put the timing back to stock settings. Other then that you will be fine.

What about if i retard the timing on the pred? And no the sniper kit iam looking at is a unversal EFi kit.

xcobra04x

New mustang being built..
Established Member
Do you have a wideband or are you going to have it hooked up to a air/fuel cord ? That would be the best way to tell if your going to retard the timing by the pred. Atleast that's what I did with mine when I had my cobra when I tuned it by myself. It was easy and worked good as well, but whatever you do, GL and hope you have fun!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
i ran an nx plate 100 shot for 2 years untuned. Put in a set of ngk tr6 plugs and an svt focus fuel pump is a good idea. your supposed to retard the timing 1 degree for every 50hp.

Users who are viewing this thread