Help, 03 Cobra Rod Knock, Suggestions?

Blitz34

Established Member
Some friends and I have pretty much determined I have a knock in my motor on the passenger side. We are going to tear it down to determine this for sure. My questions for you guys are what all should I replace while I'm in there. Should I change anything other than the problem part, ie if its a rod/ rod bearing should I go as far as to change anything besides that? Any suggestions before I take it apart? would anyone recommend I do a compression test first? etc.

This will be my first time tearing a motor down because of an issue rather than just to put performance upgrades in it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope this is the right forum for this question. :shrug:

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
did you do a compression test first to make sure its the lower end and not just shitty valve guides from the factory..

SlowSVT

Established Member
did you do a compression test first to make sure its the lower end and not just shitty valve guides from the factory..

Actually the PM guides are very good. It's the lack of a boss cast around the exhaust guide is where the problem lies.

OP

Consider a billet oil pump gears, ARP main studs and side bolts, steel backed bearing (factory is aluminum)

Users who are viewing this thread