Help 03/04 Cobra 2.3 Whipple

qwkrngr

Established Member
A friend of mine is looking for a 2.3 whipple for his 04 and I found him one. It's supposedly a 2nd gen with a 100 or 110 accufab tb and 60# inj. and no pulley. The guy wants $3300,is it worth that?
He is about 6hrs away and we just met him halfway to buy it and he forgot the inj. so we didn't get it.
One of the bolts for the intercooler is broken off in it and you can see where someone started to drill it and got off center. He was running it like that and didn't realize it was like that till he took it off to sell. The base where it mounts to the intake is marred up but looks like it would still seal up fine. The rotors have oil all over them(it's not excessive),is this normal? There is no pulley on it and he told us it has a aftermarket snout/hub for quick change pulleys. What does an aftermarket snout/hub look like,this one has 4 bolt holes for the pulley. There are no stickers on the sides of it that say whipple,not a big deal but if you are going to spend the money why not have the stickers? How do you tell the difference between a 1st gen and 2nd gen? I felt each rotor when turning the hub in both directions and they feel tight with no play at all. The oil in the sight glass looks pretty clean too.

So what would be a good price or is it a good price? Thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

CobraBoatDan

Water Snake
Established Member
No cause I'm about to sell my 2nd Gen 2.3 with polished snout with a 3.5" pulley, 60lb injectors, my lower pulley (I think it's a 4lb) and my sct maf for 2500ish. I wouldnt even ask for more than 3k for all that. He should look around some more.

memnoch138

Bad Company
Established Member
No cause I'm about to sell my 2nd Gen 2.3 with polished snout with a 3.5" pulley, 60lb injectors, my lower pulley (I think it's a 4lb) and my sct maf for 2500ish. I wouldnt even ask for more than 3k for all that. He should look around some more.

^+1. That's pretty steep IMHO.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
May have a been a blessing in disguise that he left the injectors and you all didn't get the setup. I'd find another deal personally with a full operational blower with no defects.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
A 2.3 brand new on american muscle with the svtperformance discount is around $3200 if I remember correctly. If it was me I'd just spend a little extra and buy a new one

nycarpenter

Established Member
A friend of mine is looking for a 2.3 whipple for his 04 and I found him one. It's supposedly a 2nd gen with a 100 or 110 accufab tb and 60# inj. and no pulley. The guy wants $3300,is it worth that?
He is about 6hrs away and we just met him halfway to buy it and he forgot the inj. so we didn't get it.
One of the bolts for the intercooler is broken off in it and you can see where someone started to drill it and got off center. He was running it like that and didn't realize it was like that till he took it off to sell. The base where it mounts to the intake is marred up but looks like it would still seal up fine. The rotors have oil all over them(it's not excessive),is this normal? There is no pulley on it and he told us it has a aftermarket snout/hub for quick change pulleys. What does an aftermarket snout/hub look like,this one has 4 bolt holes for the pulley. There are no stickers on the sides of it that say whipple,not a big deal but if you are going to spend the money why not have the stickers? How do you tell the difference between a 1st gen and 2nd gen? I felt each rotor when turning the hub in both directions and they feel tight with no play at all. The oil in the sight glass looks pretty clean too.

So what would be a good price or is it a good price? Thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

The accufab should bring $325. The used injectors $250 and a low mile 2.3 around $2400 with no pulley. All in parts immaculate I would say $2900 is fair street value give or take a few $$$. JMHO as always.

Users who are viewing this thread