Hello

afcobra01

Established Member
My name is Tom and I just bought a 2001 Zinc Yellow Cobra convertible. My first cobra so I am excited about the car. Family member had it for 5 years previous so I am the third owner. 119000 miles but runs great. He took good care of the car. 4.10 in the rear, CAI, new clutch ect... the motor is all stock. Look forward to reading all the good insight here on this forum. I just sold my 2010 raptor and this is my new toy. I have a question about emissions here in Wisconsin. I took the car in for a test about 2 weeks ago and failed for 2 things not being ready. The EGR valve and evaporator system. The EGR valve on the car was deleted along with all the plumbing so I expected this. The evap system is another thought. The battery was disconnected over the winter and not driven much before the test. The tech said to drive for a while come back and retry for the problem. I did some research and found some old posts that said cars in Wisconsin can have one thing not ready for the test and still pass. Anybody have any insight on this issue. Thanks

Rotzs99

Established Member
My name is Tom and I just bought a 2001 Zinc Yellow Cobra convertible. My first cobra so I am excited about the car. Family member had it for 5 years previous so I am the third owner. 119000 miles but runs great. He took good care of the car. 4.10 in the rear, CAI, new clutch ect... the motor is all stock. Look forward to reading all the good insight here on this forum. I just sold my 2010 raptor and this is my new toy. I have a question about emissions here in Wisconsin. I took the car in for a test about 2 weeks ago and failed for 2 things not being ready. The EGR valve and evaporator system. The EGR valve on the car was deleted along with all the plumbing so I expected this. The evap system is another thought. The battery was disconnected over the winter and not driven much before the test. The tech said to drive for a while come back and retry for the problem. I did some research and found some old posts that said cars in Wisconsin can have one thing not ready for the test and still pass. Anybody have any insight on this issue. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about your emissions problem, but the tech gave me the same advice in IL. I was more than happy to go romp on it a bit. Drove back to the emissions and passed.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Welcome! Or you could just register the car outside of SE Wisconsin and you won't have to worry about emissions testing...

afcobra01

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I had thought of that as I have family in Neenah and they do not have the testing there. I have it registered in Kenosha county right now. I will retest one more time and if it fails then I will do that.

Users who are viewing this thread