hello, newbie here, built gt. Pic heavy

fiberglascoffin

Established Member
hi, ive been following svtp for years and just decided to actually post. I picked up my first mustang about 6 months ago not knowing a whole lot about mod motors (nothing at all). Anyway i found a vortech supercharged 02gt, kid wanted 8k for it, called him metup and saw lots of problems, my biggest concern was panty dropper sticker on the front windshield (all the way across), and it had white rims, at that point my friend told me not to buy it. No boost gauge, intercooler that came out of a honda with 2in ic piping, also had a drawthrough setup and a bov lol, so the engine was getting unmetered air. It was abused and a hack job, i talked the dude down to 4500 lol. here's the car. (i also just purchased a house and started a new job, lot going on at that time)

firstcarpic_zps5a3c0a85.jpg

first thing i did was get the car tuned, its first run it made 200hp lol, best we could do with the bov and maf was 300. After that it needed paint since the bumper didnt match, but i didnt have the bank roll for that, that money was for other things lol, so i dipped it! (wheels grew on me lol)

afterdip_zpsfb352a62.jpg

rearcar_zps2a408b79.jpg

skip all the bs, i did every bolt on i could afford (only thing stock was h/c/i). Went with cx racing fmic, 3in piping, upper intake (bbk) plx boost af gauge, picked up a new 3650 with billet shift forks, stage 3 clutch, solid motor mounts, full exhuast,you get the pic.

weeks later i decided to swap in the new trans since the old one was shot. Ended up stripping the 2 top bolts on the trans no knowing my socket was broken lol so i pulled the engine with my sweet engine hoist. I figured i wanted to do some painting too.

engineoutghetto_zps74b69c5e.jpg

well after i pulled the motor i decided to look in the pan to see whats up. I found bad and VERY GOOD lol.

badoil_zps8a7f9fc9.jpg

Broken timing chain guides, and a fully built short block! Diamond pistons, Manley rods, eagle crank, and arp everything. I called the last owner and he knew nothing of it, was kicking himself thou. Got a hold of the original owner and he said he blew the first engine and picked this one up at a junk yard lol.

anyway after that i went nuts and sent my vortech, bracket, coolant crossover and tensioner to get polished to a mirror finish and painted everything else polished black (i polished the headers myself)

polihedengine_zps5b9c81d9.jpg

just realized i have no engine bay picks, will post soon. Should get my polished parts this month. This past christmas i also did upper and lower control arms, coilovers in the front, eibachs in the rears and now working on dual gt pumps and a bap, pmas maf, and semens deka 60lb inj. Also relocated battery to trunk, with trunk lid mounted killswitch. When i got the car it had a cheap plastic killswitch not hooked to anything, for show i guess lol.

ghettolift_zps78f12924.jpg

rearend_zps51ab29bd.jpg

killswitch_zps12dd0703.jpg

should have car back on the road later this month and a retune, hopefully at least 500whp.

Three21

Established Member
What a score! I bet that car is happy to finally get an owner doing her right again. I must admit, I'm digging the flat black + white wheels.

Nice engine hoist/jack ya got there.

Users who are viewing this thread