Hello all

sonicblu03

Established Member
Hello everyone,

Recently purchased an 03 Sonic Blue Cobra. Have been checking out this board months ahead of my purchase. This is my first Cobra but third mustang. Have to say it is the best one by far!!

Only mods to date are the K&N and silencer removed. Just went over 1,000 miles last night and am considering a pulley swap. I am going to Dallas mustang in 2 weeks to get it dynoed. Hoping for a minimum of 360 rwhp as it sits.

Great site going here and I feel honored to be a member. I live in the Central TX area so if anyone is near and interested in getting together just let me know.

:beer:
Mike

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by sonicblu03
Hello everyone,

Recently purchased an 03 Sonic Blue Cobra. Have been checking out this board months ahead of my purchase. This is my first Cobra but third mustang. Have to say it is the best one by far!!

Only mods to date are the K&N and silencer removed. Just went over 1,000 miles last night and am considering a pulley swap. I am going to Dallas mustang in 2 weeks to get it dynoed. Hoping for a minimum of 360 rwhp as it sits.

Great site going here and I feel honored to be a member. I live in the Central TX area so if anyone is near and interested in getting together just let me know.

Mike

Congrats on the car. I would not let Dallas Mustang install my pulley, but you may have better luck. Let me know how much the pulley wakes up the engine.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Welcome......

Aren't these just sweet cars? I've had modified '94 GT an '01 Cobra and now the '03 Cobra.

People have asked the difference between the '01 and the '03.

My reply is usually...

"Beyond the obvious horsepower increase and the fix to all that wheel hop, is the feeling I get when I drive it. In the '01 I felt felt "frisky". In the '03 I feel "predatory!"

:lol1:

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Hello everyone,

Mike

Congrats! :beer:

I just got mine last Weds :) had a 2001 Cobra and a 99 GT...
GT40 is next ! hehe (i wish)

ssssnake

Established Member
Hey Blue! Or from one Texan to another, should I just give you a big Howdy? If you're ever in South Texas, let us know. Welcome, Mary

sonicblu03

Established Member
Thanks for the welcomes and a big HOWDY to my fellow Texans.

Just going to have Dallas Mustang Dyno the car as they are having a dyno day 19 Oct 02, 3 pulls for $40, no tuning. Afterwards I plan on purchasing the pulley thru SFPH and having the install done by a Ford Tech (on off time) down in Austin where I purchased my Cobra. Then dyno again at a later date to see what the gains were.

Probably just gonna go with the 3.4 pulley which has been advertised to bump the boost up about 2lbs. :shrug:

Will keep everyone posted as things happen.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Just thought I'd let you know I'm in Austin.

Good to see some more of the Cobras down in Texas, the greatest country in the United States.

:thumbsup:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Thanks for the welcomes and a big HOWDY to my fellow Texans.

Just going to have Dallas Mustang Dyno the car as they are having a dyno day 19 Oct 02, 3 pulls for $40, no tuning. Afterwards I plan on purchasing the pulley thru SFPH and having the install done by a Ford Tech (on off time) down in Austin where I purchased my Cobra. Then dyno again at a later date to see what the gains were.

Probably just gonna go with the 3.4 pulley which has been advertised to bump the boost up about 2lbs. :shrug:

Will keep everyone posted as things happen.

$40 for three pulls isn't too awfully bad. You might see me up there.

Users who are viewing this thread