Hello all. Probe owner here!

Pittman4Two

Established Member
Finally...I've finally found the perfect forum for me.

I've been looking for it seems like ages but now I've found what I'm looking for.

SVT Performance is what I'm in to.

I've had this 93 Probe GT. It's been a dream ever since I picked it up in '94.

Just a couple questions to fire at the experts here.

1. It is possible to up the hp (horsepower) to over 300 for less than $3,000?

2. The suspension is already top notch, but can SVT make this thing an autocross monster?

3. Does Steeda and/or Saleen outfit Probes?

Thanks a million.

Great forum by the way.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
You're talking about more than doubling your stock hp. The easy answer is yes. $3k is more than enough to install a nitrous kit that will give you 300hp........but you'll probably only be able to run it once. If you had the knowledge, you could probably put together a custom turbo kit, but in order to stay under $3k you'd probably have to fabricate the headers yourself. Also, why 300hp? Are you wanting to be able to say you have 300hp, or are you wanting to be quicker? There are other ways to make your car quicker without necessarily having 300hp.

Check out cornercarvers for the suspension questions.

Don't believe so.

Pittman4Two

Established Member
NS, thanks for your cantor. I want to say I have the sleepiest Probe GT in town. I figure with 300 hp I should be able to hold my own versus Vette's, STI's, and other Probes.

Black Mach 1, my apologies...I didn't see a Probe GT forum therefore I went where the serious Ford enthusiasts were.

Pittman4Two

Established Member
VirtualSVT, yes, that's a picture of me. Do I know you?

Black Mach 1, thanks but there's not too many GT owners there. You guys are more performance-minded, thus that's why I'm here.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah we are more performance minded but most of us are not too knowledgable on the 4 cylinder probe motor. Bottom line if you want to get your car to 300hp you are gonna have to build it up how many miles does it have on it? seeing that it is a 93 probably has a lot of miles which is not a good idea to put NOS or turbo on it until u get it re-built. Will it be 3,000 probably more depending on installation and shop costs if u want to do it the right way.

Pittman4Two

Established Member
nothingelse, I'm wanting at least 300hp to be at a happy point.

I'm not really a gearhead but I want the work done right. I figured Steeda and/or Saleen could take it and turn it over a new leaf.

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
Pittman4Two said:
nothingelse, I'm wanting at least 300hp to be at a happy point.

I'm not really a gearhead but I want the work done right. I figured Steeda and/or Saleen could take it and turn it over a new leaf.

Just get a new car.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Dude honestly I don't think either of them are gonna do this and if so it is gonna cost you a crap load of money. I don't know what the performance market is for these cars buy my guess is not very large probably gonna need a lot of custom stuff. If you want 300 hp buy a new car that has a bigger performance market available it will be easier for u a Probe is not the ideal 300hp car. If this is what you really want and you have the money talk to them directly nobody on here is really gonna be able to help you with this. Good Luck

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
My first car was a 93 Probe, the little 4banger with an aftermarket turbo. It was fun for a little kid and a starter car.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
pittman thier is a vid on streetfire of a high HP probe blowing up. Maybe you should watch it :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread