Hello All New Svt owner here !

stevereid21

Established Member
Hello Fellow SVT Fanatics:thumbsup:

Im new to this forum just wanted to say HI. And good lord am i loving my 2002 sonic blue Focus.

Pieces
Steve

SVTease

Established Member
Love mine too...But did you notice that your SVT focus came with W rated tires instead of the Z rated tires they are advertised with? Or is it just me? I had a crew removed from my tires and the mechanic said they were W rated not Z rated like the pamphletes, fliers and magazines say.

OTTOMATIC

Established Member
Dont know if you are aware of these tire ratings:
Q - up to 100 mph.
S - up to 112 mph.
T - up to 118 mph.
U - up to 124 mph.
H - up to 130 pmh.
V - up to 149 mph.
W - up to 168 pmh.
Y - up to 186 mph.
Z - 149 mph. & over

So as long as you stay under 168MPH you will be fine:-D

Last edited:

AZ SVT

Established Member
Its actually a good thing they are W. Note that Z rated tires can not be driven UNDER 149 MPH.

SVTease

Established Member
Thanks Zach ...BTW where is Moline Il?

Any SVTFocus owners out there that live in Atlanta,GA? I've never actually seen one on the road. I really want to see how good they look on the road...and since there is no chance in HELL that I will ever let my Integra drivin roomate drive my car while I drive his...I really need to find another owner.

Also, does anybody know when the SVTfocus will finish production?

OutaFocus

Established Member
SVTease,

I'm in the Atlanta area; Kennesaw to be exact. Mine is black w/ red inserts, sunroof and Audiophile. There is another exactly like mine except for blue inserts in Kennesaw also. And we have two Sonic Blue cars around . Team Ford in Marietta has a red one on the lot too.

I will be at the SCCA AutoX at Turner Field on Sunday, the 9th. We should get there around 10:30, or 11:00 am. Just look for the group of Foci; SVT and non. It will be in the parking lot accross from the main entrance. No charge to spectate, come on down!

The local chapter of the SVTOA meets at our sponsoring dealer ; Team Ford on the first Tuesday of every month. The Activities Director is a regional Autocross Champ and he'll be there with his Cobra too.

Last edited:

Focus Daddy

Established Member
144? Wow that's ballsy. Did they videotape it or is it a mere rumor floating out there in cyberspace? I sure don't plan on seeing if mine can go that fast.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Z=149 MPH, 240km/h and over, Sports Cars

W=168 MPH, 270km/h, Exotic Sport Cars

Y=186 MPH, 300km/h, Exotic Sport Cars

The Z-speed rating is the only speed rating that is still branded ?within? the tire size, as in P225/50ZR16. All other speed ratings are shown in the tire?s service description.

When Z-speed rated tires were first introduced, they were thought to reflect the highest speed rating that would ever be required. Since that time the automotive industry has found it necessary to add W- and Y-speed ratings (indicated in the tire?s service description) to identify the tires that meet the needs of new vehicles that have extremely high, top speed capabilities.

So, with that said, W is actually a higher rating than Z.

Users who are viewing this thread