hellion twins and cooling upgrade fitment?

Darufe

Established Member
anyone with hellion twins fit some better cooling?
bigger rad/better fan(s)/shrouds?

what about oil cooling?
have any of you went with an air oil cooler or even just the boss liquid oil cooler to keep temps in check?

those that have upgraded the rad what did you go with and what kind of difference did it make?

Torchy

Established Member
I put a Fluidyne rad in mine. Vegas heat is intense. It helped. I saw about 10 degrees reduction in cyl head temps across the board. I normally roll around at 199-205 cyl head temps. Stop and go, with AC on and 110 outside temps, I see 207 to as high as 227. As soon as I get any speed it comes right back down to 207ish. Ever since the rad it has never seen above 227 cyl head temps. Had it about 15 months on the car.

Darufe

Established Member
think i need to update my gauges to get the head temps...
heat up here isnt bad but im still on low boost... generaly around 8ish psi (ive had a few isolated incidents of 10psi spikes putting me sideways...)
driving around generaly keeps good temps 188f to 195f i dont think ive seen over 200 other then on burnouts
how much did the fluidine run you?
think i could fit something thicker now that the ac is gone? that extra inch or so forward could make for a potent cooling difference

Torchy

Established Member
You'll def be able to fit something big up there. I had no probs with the Fluidyne with AC. I don't know tho if someone makes something thicker unless you go custom.

For oil I didn't do anything. Just Amsoil oil and filter

Darufe

Established Member
im using redline 5w30 atm
im debating using the boss oil cooler as it will load the already borderline adequate cooling system..
but then again overheating your oil is def not a good thing either...

D.T.R

Established Member
183-195 cyl head temp is pretty low, do you run a different thermostat?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread