Hellion twin MMR shortblock

2000red

Established Member
Just finishing up my coyote with a ten point cage, but thought id let you guys know about it.
MMR 1000 11:1 shortblock w/ mmr valve spring kit and hurricane billet oil pump. MMR head cooling mod.
Hellion twin turbo eliminator kit with eboost2 controller
Accufab throttle body
Stainless works exhaust
ATI sfi balancer
Triple 465 lph return fuel system w/ ID1000 injectors
Circle D 3500 stall converter
Excedy upgraded transmission clutches (auto)
TCI ratchet shifter
Dynotech one piece driveshaft
Moser axles
Bobs Motorsport lower control arms. BMR upper control arms and anti roll bar
H&R coil-overs
Kenny Brown matrix subframe connectors
True Forged satin black 20" two piece super sports

Right now were at 1010rwhp corrected at 17.8 psi of boost running on E85. This is my daily driver and I'm amazed if I stay out of the loud pedal I can get over 26 mpg! car drives like stock until you hit the boost. Planning on turning up the boost and dialing in the tune once it comes back with the ten point cage:)
y2usuhaj.jpg

ymuryby5.jpg

7uvy2yse.jpg

u9uzupas.jpg

Last edited:

2000red

Established Member
Thanks man! It's the gt500 wing... Liked it on my gt500, so stuck it on the gt. Just finishing that car up too, it's a 4.0 whippled built 5.8;) posted that build under the gt500 forum.

Last edited:

2000red

Established Member
Yes, the PVC system is also being moded to run vaccume through a bobs oil catch can off one valve covers and a filter on the other.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Awesome build, done right , must be a blast to drive, anyone that tries to run you is gonna get a big surprise!

2000red

Established Member
Thanks guys, both builds have taken longer than anticipated. A few kinks to iron out on each build, should be fun when done though. Two different animals.... Big twin screw vs twin turbos each has a different way of making power, but both extremely fun!

Torchy

Established Member
I was gonna ask how you kept the pass DP off the battery tray but I see you relocated. Did you relocate because of that?

Torchy

Established Member
We thought fitment would be an issue so we moved the battery to the trunk.

Well it certainly is for me on my 13. Kinda pissed. I've tried getting it off the tray 4 times. First time just adjusted it and it "moved" back on the tray. 2nd time same thing same results. Stayed off for a week them slowly moved it's way back. 3rd time modified the bracket they supplied and that kept it off longer but went to the track and made some passes. Hooking in 1st gear caused it to move and it went right back on the tray.

All of this is caused by a "not so great" connection from the DP to the X-pipe. There's a slight angle and twist that don't allow the flanges to mate perfectly. I really had to crank down on the 2 DP-to-xpipe bolts to get a seal. This not so great connection is what's moving the DP back on the tray.

I've already opened the holes up on my X-pipe flang and it helped. So today I decided to open up the holes on my DP flang to help with the twist/alignment (although this doesn't address the "off angle" issue). Started to unbolt the clamp that holds the turbo to header and it got tight as I was unthreading it. Already knew what that meant. It's bent (the threads near the base of the clamp) from me tightening it and loosening it so many times. It broke today SO now I'm down my DD until I get another clamp.

I'm strongly considering a battery relocation at this point.

Last edited:

2000red

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all your trouble Torchy... Seems like every major build has its delimas and things we would have done different. The battery relocation was recommended by my shop because they had done a hellion kit before and had to use a smaller battery to make it fit. I have run into many issues like this with these two builds... Once all the bugs are worked out I know it will be worth it.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Awesome build and I'm doing something damn near identical but one question I have is that intake pipe to the manifold on the cold side is that the hellion unit or one you had fabbed up ? If it was fabbed let me know where and I'll buy one haha.

PS if you have a camera id like a clip of those BOV's at work!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread