Hellion twin 61 power and tuning

firedog90

Established Member
For those that are running twin setups with 700+ rwhp, what are the maf counts at, what maf, what size intake pipe, and what injectors are bring ran on your setups? Mine is at 750 with a ba 5000 in 3" tube and 80 lb injectors. I'm only at 500 rwhp on 91 with 14* timing at 9 lbs. I was hoping to make 800 on e85 but I don't think I'll make it to 650 with the maf count.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
the BA5000 is good to almost 1000hp without an extender. your 3" pipe is what's killing it, and here lately the I have seen quite a few posts about faulty HPX meters. the other problem could be the scaling in your Maf transfer function- which controls your counts. that BA5000 in the proper size piping will match your 80's as far they'll go.

firedog90

Established Member
I've looked at them. In a 3" tube they are good to just a little more than the 5000. In a 3.5" tube they are good to about 900. I'm about to just give up on the SCT stuff and go to a big stuff 3. I had my original X3 fail on Wed. so I went and bought another one to have it fail the next morning.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I've looked at them. In a 3" tube they are good to just a little more than the 5000. In a 3.5" tube they are good to about 900. I'm about to just give up on the SCT stuff and go to a big stuff 3. I had my original X3 fail on Wed. so I went and bought another one to have it fail the next morning.
if you can afford a standalone- you will thank yourself in the long run by getting it.

What is the scaling for the maf transfer function supposed to be?
it depends on the combo- that's the thing, every car is so different, and pcm to pcm as well. for instance- alot of the pcm's from fords up to 04 have a hard limit of 63.9#/min. therefore manifold volume, displacement, mass#/tic, blah blah blah needs to be scaled as well. could be the reason your running out of MAF OP. or it could be your whole tune is off, but the BA5000 will take what the 80# injectors will give. trust me.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member

If you have about $3500 to spend go for it :)

I love mine :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread