Hellion turbo kit/headers

Cabbage

Established Member
I’m in the process of going turbo, my question is Has anyone ran the JBA shorty headers on the hellion single kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're worried about collector placement, as long as the headers bolt to a stock mid pipe you're good.

Cabbage

Established Member
The reason I asked is cause I called Hellion and they said it was designed around the stock manifolds and didn’t recommend I try the JBA’s. I’m going to use them, I’m having the whole hot side v banded including the headers. So if they need to be tweaked for any reason, they can do it at the fab shop.

MG0h3

Established Member
Like others said, shouldn’t be a problem. Anytime something is aftermarket it might be off a touch though. Worst case scenario you have a small clearance issue but since you’re vbanding should be a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
The reason I asked is cause I called Hellion and they said it was designed around the stock manifolds and didn’t recommend I try the JBA’s. I’m going to use them, I’m having the whole hot side v banded including the headers. So if they need to be tweaked for any reason, they can do it at the fab shop.

Probably a CYA type of thing. So you don't go online claiming they said it would fit and it didn't. I installed a Hellion kit on a GT with FRPP shorties and it bolted up and worked fine.

stangfreak

Established Member
I could be wrong but I read one time that a few people made less power using the jba shorty headers. I wish hellion would just do turbo headers as an option like the other turbo kits

Users who are viewing this thread