Hellion TT install, oil separator confusion(with pics)

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I figured some of you TT veterans could help me here= The instructions say to remove passenger side crankcase hose from 90° fitting so that you can use this for vacuum/boost, etc. Well I don't want to put a simple breather on the passenger side valve cover, I actually want to use a catch-can/separator. I have one of the new Ford Racing oil separators and want to use it. But these catch-cans need to plumb back into a vacuum source, ...right? Can I just "T" the catch-can back into the original hose on the intake(with the vacuum/boost fitting?)?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Screenshot_2016-03-10-11-51-42.gif

Slowb00st

Established Member
Normally you dont want the crank breather system to see boost. If you really want to recirculate the vapors to the engine I would recommend adding the correct fitting to the passenger side air filter/turbo inlet.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I see. Thanks btw. Yes the instructions say if I'm boosting over 6-8 lbs not to connect to air filter. I'm boosting 10. So this Ford Racing oil separator works like the JLT oil seperator(same connections, etc). So in short is there a way I could use this one I have...or send it back? (I really like it lol). I've seen where someone Tee'd both passenger and driver side crankcase hose into the primary side of oil separator and then plumbed the secondary side(out-going)elsewhere but I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Screenshot_2016-03-12-05-49-09.gif

I understand now why you're not suppose to re-connect the crankcase hose(or catch-can hose)back to the intake if you're BOOSTED(I mean while searching svt I've read "not to do it" but never once could I understand it, because there was never a "why" we weren't to do so,...and now I know SPECIFICALLY why that is so I thought I'd post this screenshot for anyone that might not understand crankcase venting(once boosted)basics, all while searching for days. I mean 254 views and I get 1 helpful svt post, thank btw slowbOOst. So it's whatever I'll "T" both passenger and driver crankcase hoses into primary side of my oil separator and I'll vent the secondary side of my oil separator out of the engine bay. lol smh.

BigmotoXer

Established Member
It's because everyone knows the hard stuff and not the easy stuff, much like myself= crank end-play, ring gap, torque specs, torque sequences, etc etc...but not this so much,...but I will learn it and then I'll hoard the info and hid it from anyone on an open forum hahaha. I spend $8,500 cash on a TT kit and can't get any info on a damn oil separator lol now that's funny...

Users who are viewing this thread