Hellion compound boost setup and E85

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
You are leaving a lot on the table with the e85. Add some more timing into it.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
i dont know how many tts can put out 800 horses at about 5psi. not to mention the kb at 10 psi. the compound setup is amazing together. neither of the poweraddfers have to woek hard for that result.

The psi numbers will fool you in this case. Since the pipe between the turbo and the supercharger (the pipe pressurized by the turbos) is before rotors is the s/c it is essentially put under vacuum by the s/c. The boost guage is only reading the amount of pressure over the amount of vacuum the s/c is pulling. For instance if the supercharger pulls 15 psi of vacuum in the pipe and the gauge shows 5 psi total, the turbos are actually pusing 20 lbs. They flow the same amount of air as though they were at 20 psi. It's not like you could slap on a 50mm turbo and run it at 5 psi to get 800rwhp. The gauge lies to you.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
What kind of timing are you runing? I also understand that the octane rating is only 105?

Im running 26* currently. And yes it's only around 105oct but it burns so much cooler than gasoline that it helps with fighting detonation. I have seen number of people try to find the limit and have yet to. A local guy is running it in his dsm. 10.5:1cr and 42psi has yet to detonate in 15k miles. It's great stuff if you have the fuel system to cover it.

Im sure if you up the timing a few degree's you'll see great gains.

Janstang

Established Member
Im running 26* currently. And yes it's only around 105oct but it burns so much cooler than gasoline that it helps with fighting detonation. I have seen number of people try to find the limit and have yet to. A local guy is running it in his dsm. 10.5:1cr and 42psi has yet to detonate in 15k miles. It's great stuff if you have the fuel system to cover it.

Im sure if you up the timing a few degree's you'll see great gains.
That's what I've said also. I couldn't believe how much timing we could run in mine with no detonation. We had it up in that 26deg range and decided to stick it at 22deg to account for all the little "variables". FWIW, the guy that tuned mine has done some very reputable cars out there and has been playing with E85 for quite some time. Flip open the current issue of 5.0 mag. and look at the E85 shootout cars. The guy that won it is one of the cars he's tuned.:beer:

novi2000

Established Member
The psi numbers will fool you in this case. Since the pipe between the turbo and the supercharger (the pipe pressurized by the turbos) is before rotors is the s/c it is essentially put under vacuum by the s/c. The boost guage is only reading the amount of pressure over the amount of vacuum the s/c is pulling. For instance if the supercharger pulls 15 psi of vacuum in the pipe and the gauge shows 5 psi total, the turbos are actually pusing 20 lbs. They flow the same amount of air as though they were at 20 psi. It's not like you could slap on a 50mm turbo and run it at 5 psi to get 800rwhp. The gauge lies to you.

I don't know much about that, but I do know the setup can make more than 50psi with the turbos turned up. We have already seen 34psi @ 4000 rpm while getting things dialed in.

coanbread

Banned
I don't know much about that, but I do know the setup can make more than 50psi with the turbos turned up. We have already seen 34psi @ 4000 rpm while getting things dialed in.

hey novi, whats the lowest amount of hp and tourque u think u could get out of your ts/tt setup? any engine mods?

YGETV8

Established Member

I'm pretty sure he is referring to a boost reading if you had a separate gauge taking readings from between the turbo and SC. You may be reading only 5psi from the turbos, but they are pushing 800 horses worth of air into the supercharger. And when you say 50 psi, I assume you are referring to manifold psi.

Jefe

Established Member
Awesome! Glad Tim and MPH worked great. Now when are we getting some vids? Pics? We gotta see this

coanbread

Banned
im still curious to find out if that kb/tt setup could be run any lower than the i believe 800 horses that novi is making. for the street

novi2000

Established Member
im still curious to find out if that kb/tt setup could be run any lower than the i believe 800 horses that novi is making. for the street

I have made 650rwhp with a stock motor and a non ported eaton with the compound boost setup. That is your best bet.

novi2000

Established Member
Just an update the KB 2.2 is going to have to come off it won't hold seals with the compound boost setup. I am most likely going to put the old reliable ported Eaton back on.

Users who are viewing this thread