Hell yea TX HP!

recalcitrant

Established Member
Had lunch with some former colleagues the other day from Counterdrug. I am currently in San Antonio and a couple of troopers joined us for lunch. I asked him why 1604 (loop around part of SA) has so many issues. He said "what issues?" I told him everybody drives in the left lane doing 55 in a 70! He laughed and said "funny you say that." On the way to work this morning he pulled 2 different cars for "impeding traffic" doing 64 in a 70 in the left lane. The trooper is now my new damn hero! He and I agreed it was more a matter of simple courtesy than anything else. Even if I am doing 75 in 70, I still make the effort to get out of the way of faster vehicles. You guys keep up the good work!:beer:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Man, I remember back in the 80's, 1604 was out in the sticks, nowhere near anything and never any traffic.

Big difference between then and now. :rolling:

Deftones

Established Member
Amen to that! People in San Antonio are by far the worst drivers I have ever seen. They are always doing 50-55 mph in the fast lane when the speed limit is 60-70 mph. It gets annoying cause the driver next to them is where he/she should be going as slow as they want and you cannot pass them.

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
Driving slow in the passing lane or next to another car drives me nuts but no one enforces anything around here (Not sure IF we even have anything enforceable for that in AL)

yellowbra

Established Member
Amen to that! People in San Antonio are by far the worst drivers I have ever seen. They are always doing 50-55 mph in the fast lane when the speed limit is 60-70 mph. It gets annoying cause the driver next to them is where he/she should be going as slow as they want and you cannot pass them.

see this is why people do it because they think the left lane is this. I was under the impression that the left lane was the passing lane?

tistan

Established Member
Yeah, 1604 long ago was given the name "The Death Loop." As far as Impeding Traffic, some folks just don't have a clue !!

Unfortunatly one of those folks is my wife. I can't stand to let her drive when we go out of town. She will not move out of the left lane for anything.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
In Kansas they have signs posted. Keep right except to pass. They will write you up for it too. I love it.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Unfortunatly one of those folks is my wife. I can't stand to let her drive when we go out of town. She will not move out of the left lane for anything.

I have to say I rarely let my wife drive, I can't take too much of her driving poking along. She tells me I critque her too much and so that makes her nervous. lol So I just drive most of the time to avoid a potential conflict.

Users who are viewing this thread