Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
Well I was just curious who yall think deserves the Heisman. I know right now the front runners are clearly Vince VS Reggie. I believe that is how it should be. Here is my beef with most of the media... ie ESPN etc.

Everyone seems to be all amazed by Reggies 513 all purpose yards vs. Fresno. That is very impressive, and I give him his credit. However what about Vince's 500+ all purpose VS OK State. People say OK state was much worse than Fresno, but consider this. Fresno goes on to lose to Nevada? and Ok State beats Texas Tech?

So then the Argument turns into Reggie did it when hes team needed it the most. Ok I will give you that. Now last time I check Texas wasnt doing so hot at halftime like always against OK State. So I say his was when UT needed it most as well.

Here is the point lets say each of thier 500+ games cancel eachother out. Vince had one bad game and Reggie had a few that he didnt reach 100 yards rushing. I just dont think its fair for the media to compare the Fresno game and the A&M game and thats it. Seems like the media has a bad short term memory.

Anyways sorry about the rant I think if Reggie wins he is deserving but I think Vince is just as. Just tired of the media forgetting about all Vince has done because Reggie had his best game after Vince.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Leinhart won't get it. He already has 1. Young wont get it because he "says" he's coming back next year.

Bush is your winner.

And really, who doesnt love Bush......:lol:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Reggie Bush in the most entertaining man in College Football. The entertainment he provides for millions of viewers every saturday should be enough reason to win the Heisman. Not like Vince hasnt been entertaining, but I love watching Reggie Bush run. He is so so fast, a track star with vision and moves that make viewers jaws drop. I mean really, who was the last tailback to have moves and vision like that and run a sub 4.3 40??? I dont know, the closest I can think of...would be LT but I dont think he runs a sub 4.3.

dirtybird

Established Member
Reggie Bush is unreal, and you have to think about his 500 yard game. He's a running back/reciever, Young is a QB, its a lot easier to rack up those kinds of yards throwing into a weak secondary and then breaking one long run. I also have to say that USC would be nowhere near undefeated without Bush. I've heard people say that Leinhart won the Heisman against ND but he wouldnt have had the chance to make that 1-yard TD run if Reggie hadn't scored three times from long distances earlier.

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
dirtybird said:
Reggie Bush is unreal, and you have to think about his 500 yard game. He's a running back/reciever, Young is a QB, its a lot easier to rack up those kinds of yards throwing into a weak secondary and then breaking one long run. I also have to say that USC would be nowhere near undefeated without Bush. I've heard people say that Leinhart won the Heisman against ND but he wouldnt have had the chance to make that 1-yard TD run if Reggie hadn't scored three times from long distances earlier.

Valid point but dont forget about Kick returner which racks up yards quick as well. I just really think these games should cancel each other out and the whole season should be taken into account. Again I would not be mad if Reggie won it, I just want the media to take the whole season into acct.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'd like to see Young actually throw the ball. His recievers make him look extremely impressive. He is one hell of a runner though.

I'm hoping Young can pull it out a good Colorado game. He'll need it. I think USC is gonna wax UCLA.

dirtybird

Established Member
I think that there a lot of great candidates this year. I would venture to guess that if Bush, Vincanity, Leinhart, or even Quinn were playing in different years they would each win it.

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
Sorry the only people who are voting and sticking up for Young have Texas in their location. Bush is the best player hands down its not even close. Vince Young is no doubt a great player but he isnt the game changer in so many different ways like Bush. Bush can catch, run, do kick offs, etc. I mean 500+ all purpose yards is just crazy.

Last edited:

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
04DarkShadowGT said:
Sorry the only people who are voting and sticking up for Young have Texas in their location. Bush is the best player hands down its not even close. Vince Young is no doubt a great player but he isnt the game changer in so many different ways like Bush. Bush can catch, run, do kick offs, etc. I mean 500+ all purpose yards is just crazy.

Like I said in my post Vince had 500+ all purpose againdt OK State. Why doesnt he get credit for that?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Bush and I'm even from Texas. I love watching USC games and wondering when Bush will break one. Vince doesn't generate quite the same excitement to me, granted he is a great player and arguably the best quarterback in college football, but he isn't as exciting as watching Bush make people miss. Bush reminds me of Barry Sanders, because of how he can cut at full speed and make people miss.

04DarkShadowGT

Established Member
Tarp02GT said:
Like I said in my post Vince had 500+ all purpose againdt OK State. Why doesnt he get credit for that?

Its much eaier to throw for alot of yards than run for alot of yards. That is why you see alot of 300+ pasing yard games and very few 200+ yard rushing games.

Tarp02GT said:
Well I was just curious who yall think deserves the Heisman. I know right now the front runners are clearly Vince VS Reggie. I believe that is how it should be. Here is my beef with most of the media... ie ESPN etc.

Everyone seems to be all amazed by Reggies 513 all purpose yards vs. Fresno. That is very impressive, and I give him his credit. However what about Vince's 500+ all purpose VS OK State. People say OK state was much worse than Fresno, but consider this. Fresno goes on to lose to Nevada? and Ok State beats Texas Tech?

So then the Argument turns into Reggie did it when hes team needed it the most. Ok I will give you that. Now last time I check Texas wasnt doing so hot at halftime like always against OK State. So I say his was when UT needed it most as well.

Here is the point lets say each of thier 500+ games cancel eachother out. Vince had one bad game and Reggie had a few that he didnt reach 100 yards rushing. I just dont think its fair for the media to compare the Fresno game and the A&M game and thats it. Seems like the media has a bad short term memory.

Anyways sorry about the rant I think if Reggie wins he is deserving but I think Vince is just as. Just tired of the media forgetting about all Vince has done because Reggie had his best game after Vince.

Leinart deserves it. He's been the quarterback all season and Bush has been splitting time at TB with Lendale White. Bush hasn't been carrying it alone all season. I think everyone seems to forget White's contributions. Without Leinart's play, USC would have lost already. What an amazing run for Southern Cal. Leinart deserves it, not Bush.

Users who are viewing this thread