Heavily Modded Owners! Any Frame Stress?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
This question is for those who are pushing over 500 at the wheels.

Have you noticed any frame twisting? How is the unibody holding up? Getting any stresspoints in the roof or other panels? Any alignment issues?

Just curious. :read:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
subframe connectors just change where the chassis twists. its still going to twist.

it doesnt take much power to tear apart what sloppy union labor puts together. i'm already tearing the rear bulkhead apart.

the rear bulkhead i mean is the area around the rear seat opening that connects the wheelhouses, package tray, and trunk floor. have any mysterious thumping noises coming from the rear of the car?

Last edited:

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
I have a vert, but have not noticed anything. But dang, maybe I need to be checking a little closer. I have been making over 500hp for 10k miles now. I have not done sub frames yet either. However, the vert does have some sub frames from the factory. I still want to do some good aftermarket ones just have not got around to it yet.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I have the global west full length comp subs with the jacking rails and cross braces etc.....

I'll be adding a cage this year,

One of my questions is the tourqe box area? I'm thinking getting some battle boxes from upr\lmm\wildrides etc.... you know what i'm talkin about.

I've also thought about front & rear struct tower braces.

Theres a certain limit of strength, with subs, cage, battles boxes and stb's thats prettymuch it for a street car.

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
I went through and welded up all the joints...lol. Took about a week but it's alot stronger now and you would not believe the crappy fitting panels and "glue" that was holding everything together.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Shoey said:
I went through and welded up all the joints...lol. Took about a week but it's alot stronger now and you would not believe the crappy fitting panels and "glue" that was holding everything together.

That was my concern. I know a lot of fox body guys who used to get dimples in the roof from swapping out the rear gears and changing the intake/exhaust.

That really bothered me, and I assumed the poor spot welding on these things hasn't gotten any better. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread