heater hose keeps breaking?

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
hey is it the norm for that small curvey heater hose to keep breaking? it looks like the bolt that holds the heater core in that points outside, is rubbing it and eventually breaking it... and both times the heater hose broke, i was IN the gas fairly hard.. any advice? or does anyone else have this same problem and is it normal?
thanks guys

1999 Cobra

Established Member
happen to me too. ended up cutting the bolt about halfway down and putting a plastic cap with a round tip on it. haven't had a problem since

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
happen to me too. ended up cutting the bolt about halfway down and putting a plastic cap with a round tip on it. haven't had a problem since

thats what i was thinking of doing.. but i wasnt sure if that was the prob or if there was some serious issue with the cooling system.. thanks man

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
When I pulled my transmission to replace the clutch the small heater hose contacted that bolt but didn't put a hole in it. I didn't need to replace it and still have the original hose on (~111K miles). I recommend checking your motor mounts. I do like the idea of cutting the bolt and putting a plastic cap on it.

Users who are viewing this thread