Heater core replace

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Getting ready to do a heater core in a friends 03. Anyone have any tips an tricks? Have done them before in other mustangs but haven't done one in a new edge car. One write up I saw showed removing the evap box completely. Would prefer to avoid that if possible so I don't have to discharge the AC.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
You can avoid removing the entire box thing by cutting a lid in it; big enough to pull the heater core out.

I just did the heater core in my car last year. Pulled the entire dash, and then the box. Sucked having to screw with the AC again but I didnt want to hack up the box. Buy yourself a new accumulator/dryer (needed once the system is opened), and a vacuum pump and manifold gauges from Harbor Freight. You'll have your AC system back to normal in an hour or so after the dash is back in.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I did mine with only pulling dash back enough to get box out..

I did pull both seats..

I wanted to cut box for same reason of not touching ac,but I did remove ac line

took about 4hrs to do

bullitt2735

Established Member
pull dash, replace. Its pretty easy to do just time consuming. You can do it without removing the seats but take them out anyway your back will thank me. Also buy OEM do not buy the cheaper ones I made the mistake of buying a non oem ones a few years back on my bullitt and it came back to bite me, twice! Both non oem started leaking after one year. OEM has been fine for about 8 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread