Heater core leak? Vid included

lguizar12

Established Member
So I have had a bad coolant leak from cobra. I finally found the leak. Can you guys tell me what it is and maybe how to fix it? Thanks guys*

a6cd886b-ef1a-91cd.jpg

Its that circular thing poking out

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7VF6jduSew"]YouTube - Leaking[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
no you cant just plug the hole, the coolant will build up and it will start driping inside of the car. If you want to bypass the heatercore for now, you have to join the two heater core hoses together. you will not have heat, but you heater core will only leak until its empty. hope this helps.

lguizar12

Established Member
no you cant just plug the hole, the coolant will build up and it will start driping inside of the car. If you want to bypass the heatercore for now, you have to join the two heater core hoses together. you will not have heat, but you heater core will only leak until its empty. hope this helps.

are you saying that once i bypass the heater, it will only leak until the heater core is empty? will my car ever get hotter than normal with this quick fix?

ok does anyone have a how to on bypassing the heater core? i searched but didnt find a 03-04 specific.

for a long term fix i would have to change the heater core correct?

really appreciate the help guys and sorry for being a noob

Blueline

Established Member
Yes, it will only leak until it is empty. You could go to a hardware store or local parts store and get the piece. Basically what your looking for is a metal piping a couple inches long and the size of the hoses. plug both hoses into the new piece and no more coolant going into the heater core. GL!

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
old thread but, i jacked my car up yesterday for a clutch change and VOILA theres a F***n stream of coolant coming out that damned hole you showed. OF COURSE! So thats where this random smoke comes from at times upon startup, from over by the passengers side head (that we could never figure out where it was coming from) im going to give some radiator stop leak stuff a whirl and hope for the best!

lguizar12

Established Member
old thread but, i jacked my car up yesterday for a clutch change and VOILA theres a F***n stream of coolant coming out that damned hole you showed. OF COURSE! So thats where this random smoke comes from at times upon startup, from over by the passengers side head (that we could never figure out where it was coming from) im going to give some radiator stop leak stuff a whirl and hope for the best!

It was my heater core.. Check your coolant I bet it is really low. I just bypassed my heater. Can't use heater but no more low coolant and no more leak :)

Users who are viewing this thread